[self-scrubbed]

A sexual interest in objects, such as shoes, is classified as a fetish. Which is totally fine by the way! If you look up “shoe fetish” online you’ll find lots of stuff related to that.

• Like 1

@Garion Non-graphic... hmmm. I found this video about the science behind fetishism for you:

There’s also this thread here on the forum: 

Taylor Lilith

I don't really know the difference seeing as it turns out I have never been sexually attracted to another human being in my life. 

When I look at another person, I don't want to see them in any less clothes, touch them, or partake in any sexual action with them.  After acknowledging I'm asexual, I haven't even felt the slightest wiggle even amongst the same people. Evidently that was forced too. 

Once an awful middle schooler even shoved my hand into another students backside. I apologized but the person gave an edgewise approving look whereas I got nothing out of it. I could tell this was probably what an attractive backside felt like but didn't feel the corresponding desire. 

I never got aroused in high school when a young woman in a miniskirt was trashcanned while wearing no underwear. I had no desire to take part in any action, or even approach her. I could tell she was attractive though.

I even know and can comprehend what supple means, and what a healthy, attractive woman feels like under my hands without the corresponding desire I was causing in my partner.  ie I know what attractive feels like as well, without sexual attraction. 

Evidently THAT is what qualifies for aesthetic attraction. I can understand, fully comprehend, and admire attractive people but get no sexual feelings towards the person. IE I know what a "sexy" backside looks (and unfortunately feels) like but can't comprehend what "sexy" means. 

I have a libido, however, and am very much capable of intercourse. I just really really don't want to. I am, in fact, going to try to sleep now, sickened by my body betraying me and  getting a rise to people I was never sexually attracted to. ( why body, why?!)

No problem. By the way, something seems not to be working when you try to tag someone. A properly working tag will be highlighted like this: @Garion not this @Garion. When you type in the person’s username there should be a hovering popup that shows you suggested names. Make sure you click (or touch if on mobile) their name from the list in order to activate the tag. That will ensure that they get notified.

Pessimistic Protagonist

Yeah, I feel aesthetic attraction and can develop really strong crushes on people based on looks but there is no sexual intent there. I am still open to having a sexual realtionship even though I never saw sex as a need or even really desire it that much. Like sure, I'd like to know how it feels to have sexual attraction and to have sex and feel the same way my partner does but I've come to the realization that it will probably never happen that way. I still find my partner really attractive, I just don't feel the need to have sex with them and am unable to even fantasize about that. It took me a long time to realize the difference between sexual and aesthetic attraction (it's even harder when you factor in romantic desire) but for me sexual attraction would probably require two things - arrousal and the mental desire. I can feel arrousal from being close to someone that I like but it doesn't mean that I want to have sex with them since mentally the desire is not there. There's only a handful of times where I've experienced both at once and the best way I can describe it is that you feel a pull towards that person and have a desire to be intimate with them