Asexual? Demisexual? Or just a low libido?

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and I was wanting to ask questions about asexuality. Let’s start at the beginning. 

I am 21. When I was first with my boyfriend I was a very sexual person. It would happen almost every day. It has been like that up until about a month ago where I suddenly felt no sexual desire whatsoever. I was still attracted to him and I still love him, but not I have no desire to engage in sex unless it’s to please him. I’m not sure what to make of this. My body hasn’t physically changed and I don’t really feel stressed. I don’t know whether to identify as asexual or to assume I just have a low libido. Please help!!

Do you feel distress from not desiring sex? If not it is a sign that you may be (gray) asexual.

If I understand you correctly you desired sex with your boyfriend at the beginning of your relationship. This does not sound like a demisexual to me. As I understand demisexuality, I would have expected the opposite: that your sexual attraction growths with getting emotionally closer to him.

Anyway here is some cake :cake:.

• Like 1

I think, based on your description, that this sounds like some kind of fluctuation in your libido, but I am not a doctor so don’t take my word as truth. Fluctuations in libido can be a really normal fact of life, I think. Generally speaking, when adult asexuals reflect back upon their life they see multiple signs of it having been so all along, or leaning in that direction. Some people, (more often women) express changes or fluctuation in their sexuality throughout their lifetimes, but I’ve personally never heard it be as drastic as what you describe.

Whatever the case, you are totally welcome here. Stay as long as you need to find answers, and stay even longer if you like the forum. :)