Alone Together

Éadweard

I haven't seen it yet, but apparently there's a new comedy called Alone Together that is specifically about a strictly-platonic male/female friendship.

That's a little interesting. It reminds me a little of Aziz Ansari's comedy show. Although, once the female character mentioned makeup, they kind of lost me, as that's not my interest.

:D If I had a show based on platonic friendships I had with my male friends growing up, it would bore audiences, because we generally got along very well and didn't have disagreements, except when it came to playing sports with our friends:

:o"That goal doesn't count; that's cheating."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is," etc.

:P :twisted:

I was so excited when I heard about this show but I couldn't even finish the first episode. The jokes feel forced and it seems like they're friends because they have no one else. I didn't really feel their friendship. Maybe it'll get better, who knows.

It sounds like it could be interesting but the chick lost me at make up stuff. I don't watch much TV in the recent days though ...

• 4 weeks later...

I felt like the chick was very heterosexual, but the guy seemed to me very asexual, but I only saw the trailer where she's all hot for an EMT..

Archived