UK - BBC3 looking for Aces

rythax

Just seen this request pop up on the UK group on Asexualitic and thought I'd copy it here since it's way more active here than it is over there right now.

Hello everyone! Hope you’re having a good Jan so far.

I work for BBC Three and am making a series about different aspects of relationships. As part of this, we are looking to film with some people in the UK (aged around 18-30) who identify on the asexual spectrum talking about what it’s like to look for a relationship as an ace or aro person and hopefully follow them through the process of dating.

If anyone might be up for chatting about this please, I’d love it if you could drop me a message on here, or you can reach me on rachael.kinley@bbc.co.uk

It would be great to talk about your experiences of looking for a relationship – even if it’s early days or hasn’t been going so well!

Thanks so much.

Best,
Rachael

@michaeld is the Media Coordinator for AVEN's project team, so I'm tagging him so he sees this. :)

Space-Ace-Android

NUUUUU I'm to young :< Maybe later :3

Image result for CAKE gOrgeous

Want a slice?

Too young again...

The BBC usually does fairly good write-ups on asexuality... wonder if I should get in touch :/ 

hmm.

@gaogaowhy not? what have you got to lose, the lady running the project is pretty keen to meet people like yourself, I'm too old, but have had contact with the lady before

@oldgeeza I don't really have anything to lose, no - though the topic seems to be about looking for a relationship, and I'm not sure I fit the bill! What was your experience with talking to the project runner?

@gaogaoI think that whether in or out of a relationship of any description, the project runner is looking to learn more about asexual people, their feelings, how they feel they're accepted in society, anything in general that you may be able to offer, it's worth sending her a message, she'll let you know if she needs your services

Damn it! - SO CLOSE!

Ugh - oh well, I hope something else comes along for me to vent my frustrations with society. XD

I'd be about right for this, but honestly I don't think I'd have the nerve! I'm more used to being behind the camera than in front of it! :P May I ask what group this is? I'm looking for more uk-based ace groups to join

Group is here https://www.asexualitic.com/groups/ace-brits/forum/ though apart from the thread I copied here there hasn't been any activity on it in months, so I wouldn't get too excited.

I'm in the right age to enter too, but the combo of being someone who doesn't do dating and doesn't expect to be anytime soon, someone who runs away from anything that looks suspiciously like a camera pointed in my direction and someone who still hasn't forgiven BBC3 for cancelling Mongrels, I won't be putting my name forward anytime soon.

• 1 month later...
FandomRLyfe

YES. <U> thank you, BBC.

Archived