So I'm gray-sexual? TMI warning.

As a 30 something year old woman I spent the majority of my life giving in and having sex simply because hey its given everyone wants sex right?! Nope, not so much. But back before there was a word or communities for it you either fit in or stuck out. Growing up I put out simply cause it was easier than trying to explain it and being labeled as weird or broken. I mean sometimes it feels good and hell I can always fake it till I make it right?! Wrong. I married who I thought was a great guy but when I finally couldn't fake it anymore and tried to explain my extreme lack of a sex drive the broken label came out again. I was cheating, I didn't love him, or my personal favorite I'm just a whore. So now in the process of divorce and in the process of crushing insults an jeers I'm finally seeking a community. There is not a damn thing wrong with me, I can want sex (on rare occasion) but it's not something I need to be whole. Maybe if I had reached out to others things wouldn't have gone the way they did but you can't always make everyone accept and understand your differences. Now as a single mother I'm working harder to figure myself out, my labels and where to go from here. Thanks for listening.  

• Like 1
YuriAmethyst

I can absolutely relate my ex girlfriend always told me I was prudent (hope that’s the right word) and not normal  but luckily I had after two years finally the guts to split up with her and after that things went better although I only managed a week ago to be  honest to myself and accept that I am asexual 

I think yes you can be an ace even if you have sex once in awhile but if you don’t have the need for it  then in my opinion that’s a big criteria for it and you’re not broken but completely okay and an awesome person