Calling all imaginative nerdy dreamer people!! ;D

StormySky

We all know the archetype...

I just happen to be one of those book reading, world-imagining, head-in-the-clouds, adventure-thrilled, wonder filled childlike people.

Here's a thread for us all to talk about stuff!

You called? :D

Even before I discovered/read Tolkien I lived in worlds of my imagination and books. 

Duke Memphis

HUZZAH!!!

Always looking for answers

Count me in! 

Brandon Sanderson. Enough said. 

Ever since I was 7, I highly disliked realistic fiction books for being "too boring"

To this day, fantasy and sci-fi are the realms of most of my entertainment.

Last night I couldn't sleep (caffeine crisis) so I wrote a story about a space pony and a dragon pirate pillaging powerful shadow crystals from an empire of scorpian guys with big guns for such little spaceships. Because I'm weird like that.

Just now I re-read it, and it's really embarassing but very entertaining.

Today I went for a walk with my dog in a park (we live near an airport) and I pretended that I was on the run and had to hide from every plane that passed overhead. 

I heard book reading and came immediately. I love reading and writing stories! I have one main fantasy world I'm writing and several others in my head. 

I have arrived :D.

I spent part of the day dancing in my kitchen, imagining I had a lightsaber and fangirling about Reylo videos on Youtube. 

Present. Sorry for the delay but I had to bid goodbye to my imagined world.

24 minutes ago, Evren said:

I have arrived :D.

I spent part of the day dancing in my kitchen, imagining I had a lightsaber and fangirling about Reylo videos on Youtube. 

Is that the dragon Darkstalker from the wings of fire book series as your avatar?!

30 minutes ago, Zenzencat104 said:

Is that the dragon Darkstalker from the wings of fire book series as your avatar?!

I'm not sure, actually. I just looked up cool dragons on google :D.

Awesome idea for a thread! I routinely listen to music, all the while daydreaming about scenarios in a world that I created a few years ago. I have lots of fleshed-out relationships with the characters. I guess you could call it living vicariously through my imagination. :D

My favorite childhood authors were the likes of Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Tolkein, and J.K. Rowling, likely among many others.

AnarchistTactician

Sci-fi?

Fantasy?

Oh yes please, sign me up.

I'm still a total sucker for Harry Potter and Tolkien nearly 20 years after I discovered them. Also I'm kind of a JRPG nerd. 

And I even write very serious fanfiction from time to time about my favorite characters. **cringe**

Not sure I entirely fit the profile you've requested here, as I'm also writing my own book and it's agonizingly realistic in terms of existential nihilism. But I can be a total fantasy-obsessed supergeek when I want to be. :P 

AnarchistTactician

I think we ought to have people who are willing to join, in a group PM so we don'thave to sort through threads, maybe even have fun prompt based competitions and the like.

Just an idea.

EmotionalAndroid
3 hours ago, StormySky said:

I just happen to be one of those book reading, world-imagining, head-in-the-clouds, adventure-thrilled, wonder filled childlike people.

This describes me pretty well. I am not into fantasy as a genre or too much into sci-fi anymore, but I daydream and make up stories constantly (though I rarely write them down). Childlike is the perfect word for me in many aspects of my personality as well.

I'm a HUGE fan of fiction stories; "Lord Of The Rings" and "Harry Potter" are still my number ones ! i also enjoy scientific books; i mean i read them all the time; like "The Universe In A Nutshell" and like that. But i dont know why when it comes to sci-fic stories i'm like "ugh" !!  

My childhood favorite book and author was "The intelligent men's guide to science" by Issac Asimov; I loved him so much that I worshiped him!! i still do! but once i tried to read one of his sci-fic (and i knew he's damn good at it), but i was just like "oh; no! it's torturing my soul!!":D  It surprises me too!!:huh: that i hate sci-fic movies and books!!:huh::D

But anyways, "Interstellar"  was probably THE ONLY sci-fic genre story that i REALLY LOVED!!

There is one more book: "Journey Of Souls" by Michael Newton; it's categorized as 'inspirational fiction' genre; but it's more like a documentary book of a hypnotherapist's experiences and cases; which was so cool and thrilling for me to read.

6 hours ago, StormySky said:

We all know the archetype...

Here's a thread for us all to talk about stuff!

Check, Check, Check, meh?, Check, Check!

J. van Deijck

*raises hand* sci-fi android here :3

Duke Memphis

Anyone in here a He-Man fan?

Always looking for answers

I don't really read fantasy (I read horror and thrillers) but do play D&D and create characters and storylines in fantasy settings for the game. Sometimes I draw maps to create worlds, cities or the interios of churches/castles/taverns etc.. I really wish I could draw characters or architecture so that I could bring my imaginary world to life even more. 

A long time ago I started reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind and The Death Gate Cycle by Weiss & Hickman. 

Do more people in here keep track of their books on Goodreads? 

Basically anything otherworldly, I care about and show interest in.

Apparently even the songs I write are "too ethereal and spacey" as well...

⚸ Hughesation ⚸

Hello, hello, you summoned?

I shall gladly join this thead.

Space-Ace-Android

I know I'm a tad late...... But, count me in!

^^

(Lord of the Rings, Isaac Asimov (Even though I read the  books in the wrong order and so I had absolutely no clue as to what on earth was happening! (Or not on earth :3) All the way <3))

Image result for star treek gif

Archived