"Being Bi On The Asexual Spectrum"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

http://www.curvemag.com/Lifestyle/Being-Bi-On-The-Asexual-Spectrum-2141/

Say the word “bi” and most people will assume you are using a diminutive of the word “bisexual” rather than referring to the word “biromantic”. Indeed, it is a not-uncommon belief that having a lower-than-normal, or non-existent, level of sexual attraction to others means you do not have feelings of romantic attraction. And of course, when it comes to the word “bi” applied to someone’s orientation, many people will think of the classic bi stereotype of promiscuity and a lack of selectiveness when it comes to choosing partners, making it hard for them to accept that even someone with a “normal” sex drive can be bi. Being bi and on the ace (or asexual) spectrum can be tough.

I guess those who don't believe that biromantic aces are a part of the "bisexual" label need to read Wikipedia's Bisexuality page .

Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females,[1][2][3] or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes alternatively termed pansexuality....

Nice find! I am biromantic and ace :)! (Or what I prefer: cupio ace. Mostly because I am married to someone I'd do almost everything for and am ok with having intercourse with him ^_^ no sexual attraction, but a lot of love!)

I'm in the closet to everybody except my husband, because of the amount of explanation I'd have to do and I feel like people would be very confused. One of my good friends knows I'm ace though, because we are exactly the same kind of ace ^_^ ! So we can laugh about the similarities sometimes. She is also married with a second kiddo on the way (I am 27 and a mum of 2 toddlers!). But even she has no idea of me being bi. I have only recently come to terms with it myself, but feel like if I would tell people, it'd just start discussion and frustration and not make me feel better :) . I kind of feel the need to tell people, kind of don't. 

Archived