Germany enforces hate speech laws for social media

ben8884

What are you on about? The only  ones rewriting history here is you.

Meanwhile the president of USA don't want a book to come out. Who's trying to use their position here censor stuff they don't like? Take the log out of your populist eye.

11 minutes ago, God. said:

What are you on about? The only  ones rewriting history here is you.

Meanwhile the president of USA don't want a book to come out. Who's trying to use their position here censor stuff they don't like? Take the log out of your populist eye.

Have you read the book? It falls into Libel law territory far as I heard.

The guy who wrote the book is probably just trying to make bank on a bunch of bullshit, due to Trump derangement syndrome. 

If there are defamatory inaccuracies in the book, that is why there is a law of libel. Anyway I'm going to continue my response in the Master Trump thread 

10 hours ago, Yato said:

Have you read the book? It falls into Libel law territory far as I heard.

Yato, the book hasn't been published yet.   To prove libel, you have to prove that what an author says about someone is not true.  It's almost impossible to prove.   So read the book yourself when it comes out, and leave the "libel" comments to the lawyers.  

7 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

If someone truly did believe that a defamatory book about them was being written, would you blame them for trying to do something about it?

Yes.  Because they'd be trying to quash freedom of speech, which you and other conservatives/libertarians defend.  

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Yato, the book hasn't been published yet.   To prove libel, you have to prove that what an author says about someone is not true.  It's almost impossible to prove.   So read the book yourself when it comes out, and leave the "libel" comments to the lawyers.  

So when Germany have anti libel laws it's against freedom of speech, but when it's in US (or more accurate Trump) it's OK. This make less and less sense.

Even then Merkel don't use the resources of the German chancellary to try and stop books and go against those who refuse to stand during the national anthem or target the free press, as she along with the "cultural marxist" European leaders have an actual respect for freedom of speech and value it.

6 hours ago, Sally said:

Idk, I saw an excerp that said something about Trump demanding a Gorilla channel on tv, first day in office and watched 17 hours a day of it. 

Sad part is, it was a well timed joke, and people believed it to be real.

28 minutes ago, Yato said:

Sad part is, it was a well timed joke, and people believed it to be real.

The really sad part is that you couldn't even blame them.

29 minutes ago, Homer said:

The really sad part is that you couldn't even blame them.

Yes I could, because it takes a special kind of stupid to believe 90% of the rediculous claims against Trump. 

There are people who been saying hes mentally deranged. He is mentally disabled, writes news stories about Trump feeding fish a lot of food. Trump having 2 scoops of ice cream, while other people have one. 

This list of endless mental shit spewing for news peoples mouths are quite extraordinary. 

Trump derangement syndrome is real.

6 minutes ago, Yato said:

Trump having 2 scoops of ice cream, while other people have one. 

Oh, you mean just like that Hannity jerk rambling about Obama over a spoonful of mustard? :D

(I can't see how this is related to that stupid and dangerous law we now have over here, btw)

59 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh, you mean just like that Hannity jerk rambling about Obama over a spoonful of mustard? :D

(I can't see how this is related to that stupid and dangerous law we now have over here, btw)

We all know the shit against Trump is on a whole other scale than anything the Democrats have faced COMBINED.

On 4.1.2018 at 2:46 AM, Yato said:

That article is from 2013, and the law loophole has been covered up LONG SINCE. 2013 there has been no refugee crisis in Germany. It's also hardly a brothel if people break into a farm and molest sheep. 

You should really take a better look at your sources. Apart from that, I'm proud to be living in Germany, and I'm from a town where there are a lot of immigrants and foreigners. I went to school in a neighborhood where about 80% people (in class) had a migrational background. I spent years in Cologne, and I regularly go to Duisburg/Dortmund, where a lot of the arguable "no go areas" are supposed to lie. It's good here. I also worked in a refugee shelter. Germany isn't some kind of criminal no-go land swamped with brutal forein rapists. It's certainly better than America nowadays is. At least we don't let people die because we deem them unworthy of attention. 

Oh, and the Postillon (a known satire news site ) has posted a few e-mails where they got reported for hate speech, but didn't get punished because their satire didn't fill the quote of hate speech. :)

"Our" justice secretary got one of his tweets flagged for "hate speech" because he called another politician an "idiot".

That's the only reasonable way to deal with this crap :D flag the hell out of the government's tweets!

9 hours ago, Yato said:

I met the author in person, he told me all about it. It was a load of shit. True story. 

Uh...

All the publicity has pushed the book straight into (onto??) the 'Best seller' list. Trump has claimed 'never to have met' other people though...even though there is photographic evidence he has :)

As for his tweets about Steve Bannon - hardly the words of a 'genius'  

Everybody, a small favour. Can we debate the Trump Wolff book in the Trump thread, and German hate speech restrictions here. Thanks Skycaptain moderator PPS 

On 01/04/2018 at 3:23 PM, Yato said:

I never listen to the media, and will only judge someone by what they say themselves in full context. Not excerps, or edited clips.

On 01/06/2018 at 6:14 AM, Yato said:

Idk, I saw an excerp that said something about Trump demanding a Gorilla channel on tv

HUGZ, DUDE

1 hour ago, gisiebob said:

HUGZ, DUDE

The gorilla thing was sarcasm. I didn't believe It, and when I looked into it. It was proven to be an elaborate hoax that gave me a sensible chuckle. 

I don't know what you implied with your post, but I wanted to explain.

4 hours ago, Yato said:

The gorilla thing was sarcasm. I didn't believe It, and when I looked into it. It was proven to be an elaborate hoax that gave me a sensible chuckle. 

ah, so was just a prank, yo?

ya know when I sarted posting about 'no-go zones' I thought the idea was so rediculous that my intent was obvious. BRO think of the horror when suddenly all the tin hats were talking about police abadoning comunities useing MY TERMONOLOGY. t'was just a prank, yo...

6 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

ah, so was just a prank, yo?

ya know when I sarted posting about 'no-go zones' I thought the idea was so rediculous that my intent was obvious. BRO think of the horror when suddenly all the tin hats were talking about police abadoning comunities useing MY TERMONOLOGY. t'was just a prank, yo...

-scratches head-

I still don't get your point, or intention.

Saying "hugs" is generally a positive thing. So are you saying you liked my post, or was the "dude" part implying sarcasm. 

I think the authorities abandoning any community would be scary. European police are also very Ill equipped. I think most don't even carry guns.

4 hours ago, Yato said:

Saying

4 hours ago, Yato said:

guns.

ur a funny dude

10 hours ago, Yato said:

I don't think the post was about the gorilla thread; it was the fact that you said you never paid attention to excerpts, and yet made a post about an excerpt you saw.  

8 hours ago, Yato said:

I think most don't even carry guns.

in Germany (I don't really know about the rest of Europe) police either always or usually carry guns.  

5 hours ago, XYZ96 said:

in Germany (I don't really know about the rest of Europe) police either always or usually carry guns.  

Ok wasn't sure. I've seen UK police, and it is ridiculous that there are non-gun wielding cops.

Archived