(LGBQT+) + (Science) Project

:)(:

Ok AVENites. 

I want to do a project related to science education adn LGBQT   I want is sort of your opinions on.

A) What sectors fo LGBQT+ would most benefits from a meta analysis. ( I want to do all but I need what you think is the top one)

B) Websites and things that I can get good research from.

C) If you have experience with gender/sex/identity and science just some tips.

D) Common myths I need to diffuse relating to LGBQT+

F) People that I can PM can read my stuff over.

E) Just cool LGBQT+ related factoids (example that some scientist are trying to get sperm from human female bone marrow 

Ultimately I really want to do this but It might not get done. I hope to use the break to start on it.

Anything is appreciated...

There's a really interesting TedTalk on epigenetics and homosexuality, and the benefit of homosexuality within the framework of evolution (link here).

I'm not sure how you want to frame your meta-analysis, but it's always good to start with a lit review. 

When I'm dealing with human health and medicine stuff I always start with PubMed. It's run by the National Institutes of Health, and you're guaranteed articles that have been peer reviewed. 

Google Scholar is a search engine that's meant to search academic databases. I don't use it often so I don't know if it pulls peer reviewed articles from high impact journals or not, but if you're concerned about the article in question, you can always look up the journal's impact factor

Caveat, most of the articles you'll find (especially from high impact journals) will be behind a pay wall. If you're a university student, you should be able to access the articles from campus (most unis have subscriptions to a lot of these journals). 

Hope this helps! Have fun =) 

• 3 weeks later...
IntellectualAsexual

Ok AVENites. 

I want to do a project related to science education adn LGBQT I have a crapton of other shittake I need to do.   I want is sort of your opinions on.

A) What sectors fo LGBQT+ would most benefits from a meta analysis. ( I want to do all but I need what you think is the top one)
All of them.
      Joan Roughgardens book on evolution's rainbow. It can be found on amazon or in public libraries, elsewhere. https://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520280458 The guy writing it is a transsexual I think and a biologist, so it has things that are scientific in it favorable to LGBTQ folk. It talks about how, in nature, there are more genders than just two sometimes, and how animals can have sex changes, among other things. 

I don't have a degree yet, so haven't published anything myself and don't know who might have, but I dressed in boys clothes growing up, but never really identified as a realistic boy. 
Gays are all effeminate, Lesbians masculine, FTMs can not love men and be gay, want children, etc, some can also be asexual and hate sex even if they identify as other things, too. Stuff about brain chemistry and genetics and how it is possible that some can be raised that way, others inherit it genetically, and maybe some famous people from ancient times who were like that like Hadrian the Roman Emperor or Joan of Arc the crossdresser, etc. 
I am not a scholar, editor, writer, but you could PM me I guess. Wouldn't have valid comments that might be helpful however.

E) Just cool LGBQT+ related factoids (example that some scientist are trying to get sperm from human female bone marrow 

I'd like to learn about asexual parents who raise their children to be asexuals too, and gays who do that too, what it's like to be a gay parent, issues they face, and diversity (like some might be conservatives, others liberals, etc), and cultures around the world accepting of it naturally and stuff. I found something on the internet and there was also a book at my local library about FTMs who got pregnant. There was that Arnold Swartzenegger movie about him being pregnant. I would also like to read about that female bone marrow stuff, and maybe gay men who get pregnant and gay women who can impregnate others. Maybe gays with other problems like mental disorders, etc, that contribute to the idea that gays have something abnormal about them other than their homosexuality. 

Ultimately I really want to do this but It might not get done. I hope to use the break to start on it.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:35 AM, IntellectualAsexual said:

Ok AVENites. 

I want to do a project related to science education adn LGBQT I have a crapton of other shittake I need to do.   I want is sort of your opinions on.

All of them.
      Joan Roughgardens book on evolution's rainbow. It can be found on amazon or in public libraries, elsewhere. https://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520280458 The guy writing it is a transsexual I think and a biologist, so it has things that are scientific in it favorable to LGBTQ folk. It talks about how, in nature, there are more genders than just two sometimes, and how animals can have sex changes, among other things. 

I don't have a degree yet, so haven't published anything myself and don't know who might have, but I dressed in boys clothes growing up, but never really identified as a realistic boy. 
Gays are all effeminate, Lesbians masculine, FTMs can not love men and be gay, want children, etc, some can also be asexual and hate sex even if they identify as other things, too. Stuff about brain chemistry and genetics and how it is possible that some can be raised that way, others inherit it genetically, and maybe some famous people from ancient times who were like that like Hadrian the Roman Emperor or Joan of Arc the crossdresser, etc. 
I am not a scholar, editor, writer, but you could PM me I guess. Wouldn't have valid comments that might be helpful however.

I'd like to learn about asexual parents who raise their children to be asexuals too, and gays who do that too, what it's like to be a gay parent, issues they face, and diversity (like some might be conservatives, others liberals, etc), and cultures around the world accepting of it naturally and stuff. I found something on the internet and there was also a book at my local library about FTMs who got pregnant. There was that Arnold Swartzenegger movie about him being pregnant. I would also like to read about that female bone marrow stuff, and maybe gay men who get pregnant and gay women who can impregnate others. Maybe gays with other problems like mental disorders, etc, that contribute to the idea that gays have something abnormal about them other than their homosexuality. 

Thanks 💚 

I actually started this but I just accidentally deleted  my work. I also appreciate  the fact that you would mind being a reader too 😖😉😊.

Archived