Do you wish you were sexual?

Nope. Not me. I'm happy with my life, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not being interested in sex.

Oh, well, that's not a loaded question at all. :P

Geez. Honestly...no and yes. I sometimes envy sexuals (particularly heterosexuals) and their claims on the social norms. Occasionally I resent being a minority among sexual minorities. There are times when I just want to be "normal," whatever that means.

But far more often than, not...no, I don't want to be sexual. Asexuality feels perfectly normal to me. I only feel abnormal, or as though I'm missing out on something, when I'm compared to other people. But in my own mind I like being asexual just fine. Being anything else is almost inconceivable to me, and not a tad unpleasant to boot. I think that if I had the chance to change who I am...I wouldn't.

Sometimes yeah, but at the same time no, I don't. Looking in on a sexual majority, I sometimes do wish to *fit in* and just be *normal*, on the other hand I like who I am, and I don't want to be someone else. I also really like the idea of relationships that don't revolve around sex and instead are made up of people who care about each other, so I am glad that sex is not a part of my life, so I don't have to worry about it.

:shock: HELLS FUCK NO!!!!!!!!! :o

why conform to what the rest of society is doing just because those assholes claim it's the "thing to do"? i like my life the way it is just fine, thank you very much.

Worthless Poster

Sometimes... just because it's supposedly so much "fun" and feels so "good" I almost wish I could know that it felt good or something. Like, I'm missing out on a sensation or something. But I don't particularly wish I were sexual, either. I'm glad I don't have to worry about the shit the sexual world does, and the concept of sex absolutely disgusts me.... so in summation, I wish I could FEEL what sex feels like without having to have it... because I definitely don't want that. I don't really fee a strong want either way... I just know this is how I am, so I go with it *shrug*

Most men lead lives of quiet desparation.

Most men, and all the sexuals I know. I prefer to make as much noise as possible. It is not always less filled with desparation, but while they get to do one thing I am not interested in, I get to do any number of things they can't bring themselves to. Or can't afford or aren't allowed or don't have time to because of sex-based entanglements.

I do not want to be sexual, but I do want to be treated equally by sexuals, and by the government and religions and other institutions of the sexuals. Lacking that, queer everything.

boa

What are the bad things about being sexual besides things like STDs?

For one thing it can destroy relationships, and also it prevents people from really viewing another person at their full value, rather than a sexual object... It also has lead to the world over population problem... :x

HiroProtagonist

I agree. Sometimes sexual people get into relationships they don't really want to be in. These relationships can end up being all about/mostly about sex when even sexual people! - sometimes want to be thought of as more than just sexual beings - but as real people...

I don't really WISH I was sexual. There are certain aspects of the sexual world that I envy (the whole being-on-the-fringes-of-society thing, mainly). Then again, that's what I kinda like about be asexual. :)

If I thought for one second that being sexual would make a difference in 'landing' the young gentleman my heart is after, then yes, I would wish I was a rampant sexual. But I don't.

why or why not?

Allz I can say is "ewwww, no!" haha. I mean, whatever floats your boat...I'm not going to denounce someone for being a sexual person, but I find sex in itself something to be disgusting, not to mention the fact that I don't have to experience all of the emotional rollercoasters that so many sexual people have to go through with their relationships.

No, I wouldn't want to be sexual. I think I'd lose a part of myself if I was (strange when so many sexuals think we are the ones with a bit missing!). I see my sexual friends compelled by their sexuality to form relationships that they persist with even though they know the relationship makes them miserable, I see them regarding others as being potential partners or potential rivals, judging people solely on their attractiveness etc. I feel that being asexual lets me relate to other people as people, and see the world in a slightly different way that I can't really explain. I feel i can think clearly, and enjoy non-sexual things very intensely, and I think I'd lose that if I had to devote my attention and passion to sex instead. It's difficult to explain, does anyone know what I mean?

Besides which, being asexual just feels like my natural state of being, it's as normal to me as breathing.

I think I'd lose a part of myself if I was (strange when so many sexuals think we are the ones with a bit missing!).

I think we wouldn't be who we are if we were different than we are... If something like our sexuality was different, probably our entire lives would play out differently, so we wouldn't be the same at all. Just because we may be 'different' from many others (though everyone is different in their own way...) doesn't mean we are any more or less than them, just different, but still equal.

I feel that being asexual lets me relate to other people as people, and see the world in a slightly different way that I can't really explain. I feel i can think clearly, and enjoy non-sexual things very intensely, and I think I'd lose that if I had to devote my attention and passion to sex instead. It's difficult to explain, does anyone know what I mean?

Yep :) For me I see the world in a way I see as very natural for me, but often times I run into the problem where others don't see it the same as I do...which does lead to frustration :? but I wouldn't change how I view the world for anything :)

Sometimes I do wish I were sexual, but honestly, if given the chance to drink a magic serum and become the (non asexual) orientation of my choice, I don't think I'd take it.

There's some quotation out there about how if everyone got together and put their troubles in one big pile, like an enormous potluck of misfortune, everyone would leave with what they came in with. That's kind of what I feel about my asexuality. It's isolating, and it gets you called names, and often I suspect that sexuals really are right, that I'm missing out on something wonderful. On the other hand, it makes my life a good deal simpler and removes a number of emotional and medical hazards; plus, I'm used to it, and know how to deal with it, and the change from asexual to sexual would no doubt freak me the hell out. I'm not a real big fan of change.

Asexuality is not entirely pleasant, in my opinion. But the same is true for the other sexual orientations, and on the whole, I have to say that the devil I know is better than the devil I don't.

NEKO!!! You know what you can get from a magical apple tree?!?!?!

Hehe.. I bet you can tell my brain was half asleep when I asked that question. :oops:

But yeah, magical apples? Nah. I want a magical million-dollar-bill tree. :D

I have dreams about it. Sort of being the object of desire. The thing is, I am not totally asexual anyway, and not totally sexual either. Twilight zone, how usual. What Inkburrow mentioned about doing it if having the chance....I guess I'd cancel in the last second. If I am ever gonna be sexual, is not really up to me. And if I am ever gonna want to be either. I am a big fan of change btw.

Skiddaloxx

i'm pretty uncomfortable with sex. the only way i can see it being ok is if it wasn't my idea e.g. being in a marriage where sex was some what expected. i could put up with that, perhaps. but i wouldn't enjoy having a libido- too much work, too dangerous.

I'm pretty cool with being asexual, but I do wish I could relate to sexuals a bit more, or be able to understand what they're talking about sometimes.

S: "Wow he's totally hot!"

A: "Yes, quite handsome enough, if you go in for that sort of thing. Looks like he'd be nice to have a completely platonic friendship with." :roll:

Erm. Not really. But I don't mind so much now that there is the fantabulous AVEN. When you don't get other people, go find a message board. yes.

It would be nice to be able to have the feeling even if there is no sex. While i would never wish to become sexual it would be nice to have "a magic serum" that i could drink and understand what everyone else is feeling. I would like to be able to "like" someone just so i understand what the big deal is. None of that made much sense did it? ok starting over...

My roommates have a club that they host in our room that is called "We Can't Get Over Our Ex-Boyfriends Club." These girls that had been dumpped months before are getting together and complaining, moan, and dreaming about something that i have very little (in other words no) understand of. I would like to be able to at least felt the desire once so that i could reject. Why would someone tourcher them selves voluntarily? does that make more sense? oh well, i tried.

i like being asexual but to not be so isolated sometimes...

I don't. Asexuality is too fundamental a part of what I am and how I perceive things so I wouldn't want to give it up. I get the sense that sexual overtones are attached to the perceptions of most things in general: people, objects, ideas, all that. I'd prefer to remain free of them--I like the ones I already have. :) I don't have a particular desire for a chance to see things from a sexual's point of view either: despite my complete disinterest in them, sexual matters aren't Greek to me and I can speculate. And I know what horniness and all that feel like, so I don't think I'm missing too much in that department as well.

YEs and no. Sure if I was sexual, I'd like doing it with my girl and things wouldn't be so one sided, but at the same time remember, no sexdrive means no orgasm, so I can go at it all night long, this mean that...I'M THE ONLY MAN ALIVE WHO REALY SATISFY HIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) Go me.