BoJack Horseman

Browncoat10

Hello! Sorry if this topic already exists somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if it did but I didn't look very hard...

Anyway, anyone else watch BoJack?? It's amazing in its own right, but also has the best presentation of an ace character that I think I've ever seen in something, and he's a main character. So yeah, worth a watch (although you gotta stick with it through the first season, that's less good.)

Seriously? Have you seen the welcome lounge? Since Bojack came out as asexual there have been tonnes, and I mean tonnes, of asexuals coming out because of it. There are loads of fans on here. 

Just not me because what little free time is have is spent on AVEN.

Bojack is such a great show. I love how it can balance humor and tense/deep moments. Plus the art style is just amazing. I agree that Todd is a great ace character, especially with how it depicts him figuring things out. Glad that there's some representation in media. 

Absolutely love Bojack Horseman. I started watching it because I heard there was an ace character and stayed for the humour and deep themes.

WinterWanderer

I love seeing new Bojack threads. It's a great show and deserves continual praise. :P I usually dislike adult cartoons, as they're often too irrational for me. But Bojack is one of the few that I actually like and hope to keep watching. I absolutely love Todd, even before I found out he's asexual.

It's one of my favorite shows! it actually made me aware of what an asexual is, it kind of helped me realize I'm an ace!

It's my second favorite show ever. Only surpassed by Steven Universe. Todd helped me come to terms with my asexuality. If it wasn't for how well written that character is I wouldn't be here. So, I love Bojack Horseman very much.

I tried three episodes and I think I may definitely be the wrong generation for the show. There's nothing wrong with the show itself (though I could have happily lived without the post coital scenes!), none of the characters or the humor worked for me. I am happy about the positive representation and Todd really does come across as an asexual. I hope the show lasts awhile and does well. :)

5 hours ago, fuzzipueo said:

I tried three episodes and I think I may definitely be the wrong generation for the show. There's nothing wrong with the show itself (though I could have happily lived without the post coital scenes!), none of the characters or the humor worked for me. I am happy about the positive representation and Todd really does come across as an asexual. I hope the show lasts awhile and does well. :)

I dunno, I think it can be everyone but if you're not a fan fair enough :) Nice profile pic btw.

Before this thread disappears into the void amongst all the other BoJack threads (really should've checked more...) does anyone know if they have an ace writer in the writers' room? Or was it just a lot of forward-thinking sexual writers? Either way I'm very grateful to them!

On 12/24/2017 at 12:16 AM, fuzzipueo said:

Worth pointing out is that the show really changes after the first season. At first the show seems like it's trying to be a bit too much like Family Guy with the cut away gags, but it really comes into it's own and becomes a comedy drama about dealing with depression. So, if you're not interested in the concept that's perfectly fine, but the show can't really be fairly judged with the first three episodes, because the show is four seasons in at this point and season one, especially the first half of it, is particularly different than the rest of the series. I hope you give it another chance, but if you don't want to that's completely cool too. :) It's a very good show though.

17 hours ago, Browncoat10 said:

Before this thread disappears into the void amongst all the other BoJack threads (really should've checked more...) does anyone know if they have an ace writer in the writers' room? Or was it just a lot of forward-thinking sexual writers? Either way I'm very grateful to them!

So from what I read on other threads, apparently there are no Ace writers however what the producers did do was research. First, they talked to someone from GLAAD. When they found out that GLAAD isn't really involved with the Ace community they were able to point the producers in the direction of the Ace community in LA where they interviewed some one about their experiences. So, no asexuals in the writers room but lots of great research.

4 minutes ago, ben8884 said:

So from what I read on other threads, apparently there are no Ace writers however what the producers did do was research. First, they talked to someone from GLAAD. When they found out that GLAAD isn't really involved with the Ace community they were able to point the producers in the direction of the Ace community in LA where they interviewed some one about their experiences. So, no asexuals in the writers room but lots of great research.

Ah, thank you. And good for them!

Archived