Hello everyone!

NotGojoSatoru

NotGojoSatoru

Hello People!

I am back at AVEN after a long period of inactivity. 

Although the main reason I am back is because real world is getting a little bit frustrating.

I am twenty five and I romantically unattached. I would prefer being unattached, but well, it kind of feels strange.

I mean, all the people around me, the friends that I had back in undergrad and the people I got to know in my grad school, are all getting married one by one (I am a little miffed that all the marriages are happening in a different country altogether and I am missing all the food).

A few days back I was talking to my friends (who were my roommates back in undergrad) and they all shared that they were in a relationship. Frankly speaking, I have no issues with others being in a relationship, and why should I, it is their life, they can whatever they want as long as they invite me for their marriage, but seeing everyone going out with someone, I can feel some sort of a social pressure (or is peer pressure?), that even I should look for something.

I am not sure what to do. I am not even sure if I am asexual. I mean, I have never been in a relationship. I am pretty sure I don't want to be in one. I am ninety percent sure that the only reason I am even thinking of this is because every one I know in my age group is romantically involved with someone. I feel confused and the one time I sort of revealed to my (former) roommate that I was an ace (or at least I thought I was one) she reacted in a very strange manner.

I have even got a couple of my friends asking if I was lesbian. Though I am not sure if that was because I was staring at a female person for a while or if I was just not interested in any person romantically (if you are not straight, you have got to be not straight).

This thing is taking up most of my thinking time. I mean, I should be looking for a job, instead of thinking why am I not in a relationship and I guess I wanted someone to just understand what I am trying to say.

Thanks!

AmazingImperialEmperor

18 hours ago, TheAmazingImperialEmperor said:

(I am a little miffed that all the marriages are happening in a different country altogether and I am missing all the food).

Truly the greatest of tragedies 😩. I mean yeah I am happy for the people getting married whenever I go to weddings but after that let’s not lie: free and usually delicious food is probably the second most important reason I’m usually happy to attend 😆.

NotGojoSatoru

@Laplace Plus all those people keep posting pictures of delicious cakes.

@chandrakirti Heh! Thanks! Although as far as pseudonyms are concerned I had come across "Tsu Doh Nimh" somewhere, that was really cool.

Archived