Concept of single-target sexuality ?

Skyl

From your personal experience, do you believe it can happen that there is one (or extremely few) people that are compatible with you enough for you to develop sexual and romantic attraction to them ?

everywhere and nowhere

I'm fairly sure that a lot of people - particularly those who are monogamous, rather demisexual in our terms (I'm saying it because such feelings have existed all over history, but the terminology wasn't there) and dislike a casual, carefree approach to sex - have felt like this in all times.

I am only ever capable of falling for one person at a time, as I am monoromantic and it's very rare that I develop such a bond with a person in the first place (but yes I need to be very comfortable with them and like them a lot) But at that point, it's impossible to me to be interested in anyone else.. after 28 years alive I also developed a desire to actually connect sexually with the person I love, and that's something I don't experience for anyone else and have never experienced before.

Like Nowhere Girl said though, it's quite common for people to only feel that for one person at a time. Only some people are into casual sexual encounters, other people are only capable of desiring total monogamy!! :)

It's highly unrealistic but I wouldn't rule it out.

Apathetic Echidna

Ding! I have arrived. I am living proof of the fickleness of sexual attraction. I don't believe I would be romantically attracted to anyone ever, certainly not if it was mutual attraction, so ruling that out. In my, lets be generous, 16 years of possible sexual attraction to others, and the thousands of people I have met and known I have had 3 noticeable attractions beyond aesthetic, and only one of those, one, became sexual. The two other attractions were blocked from possibly developing into something more, and it is possible that in the future I might meet many more people I am sexually attracted to. The one person I was sexually attracted to wasn't particularity compatible with my personality, so it was definitely going to end sooner or later. 

Though if in your post you mean the perfectly compatible The OneTM who lights up all your attractions and makes you allosexual and alloromantic who is your soul mate and you will live happily ever after with, then no. I don't think that can happen. 

Yes. One. It took years for me to develop these feelings, and then to deal with them.

Archived