Hi there

Adventurefreak

Adventurefreak

Hi there :)

I identify myself as a heteromantic asexual.

I am glad to have found out this site 😁

I have discovered my asexuality a few months ago.

I find that a lot of people don't agree on the fact that you may have strong feelings for someone but not wanting to have sex with them.

Anyone here facing the same problems? 

Hey :)

I'm new to the whole thing too. Generally my friends are all totally fine with my asexuality, and understanding of it. I haven't told my parents yet mainly for fear of them not getting it, like you say, but also cos it might make them sad, the fact their daughter will probably be single for her entire life. Basically though, s'all good! I'll tell them at some point. 

Hope the people who don't agree with what you're saying aren't giving you a hard time. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
1 hour ago, Adventurefreak said:

Hello and welcome to our little community! Make yourslef at home with us and have some cake :D

recipe-image-legacy-id--1273545_8.jpg?it

I find that a lot of people don't agree on the fact that you may have strong feelings for someone but not wanting to have sex with them.

Unfortunatedly yes but I honestly don't care about these voices anymore. Some people can't understand "strange new concepts" they didn't grow up with. Their mind and perception is just too small and blinded to open up once more. Sad but true. They're stuck with mainstream stereotypes and prejudment. So don't waste your time or energy on it.  Just keep moving and be yourself.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Adventurefreak

@Browncoat10 Hi there, I hope one day you manage to gather some courage to tell your parents ;) & hopefully they'll accept you the way you are. :)

Me I have some good friends who do not clearly grasp the 'asexual' concept well. I hope they manage to do so too.

Have a nice day :D

On 12/17/2017 at 11:04 AM, Adventurefreak said:

Hey! I identify as homoromantic asexual, but I might be bi or demi. Idk. I lean towards girls is the point. Anyway, I had my discovery about a year and a half ago romance-wise, but that made me pay even more attention to my lack of sexual desire. I recently had an experience where someone thought it would be like impossible for me to meet someone likeminded. Kind of baffles me that people don’t think it’s possible to date someone without having sex.

Archived