My cousin feels sorry for me

Eisu

This is... I'm not sure what category this fits into, maybe just a wry storytelling. I was talking to my cousin and he was telling me a story of kissing this girl. I don't know why my friends like telling me about their sexscapades (not that this one was but), but they do. Most of the time my reactions are "Oh... okay..." But this one was nice. He was telling me that it was such a sweet moment, that he felt so... happy. The way he told the story was so nice, so romantic, I said, "Wow, that sounds so sweet. Too bad kissing doesn't feel that way for me."

He knew I was asexual and he said, "I feel... that makes me feel really bad for you. Like, that makes me sad. Honestly. I wish you could find someone to make you feel that way." 

It reminded me of the time he said "Maybe you just haven't found the one, how do you know." I mean, he sounded genuinely upset for me... I know you love me cousin, but I'll be fine, I swear.

Feel sorry for him. He doesn't get to experience the complex path of understanding and self-acceptance that you get to go down. He's just normal, and normal is boring. :P 

Not enjoying kissing all that much is fine. Some people enjoy it, others don't. I'm certainly not keen on exchanging mouth fluids with someone 😷

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived