What would you like done with your body after you die?

m4rble

3 hours ago, ABryonJ.maybe said:

Dried and steamrolled flat. Then folded into a paper airplane and flown into the Grand Canyon.

Wouldn't it be more practical to strap you onto a catapult, and launch you into the canyon (as is)? Not sure why you'd strap something on a catapult, as it seems counter-productive, but you get my point. 

1 hour ago, ABryonJ.maybe said:

what can I say, I'm a creative type.

Yeah, but you overlooked the fact that if dried, your body would crack under precise folding. This creates poor aerodynamics in flight. The plane as a result, would just plummet (its corners need to be smooth, to cut through wind). Its a waste of folding. This bothered me. I had to mention this, to clear the conscience.

I'm a thinking type.

Destroyed in the most effective way possible and as fast as possible so archeologists won't ever find my remains (provided humanity can last long enough for archeology to ever even dig around where I would have been buried), mixed into fireworks, shot off into the sky to amuse or disgust people or thrown into a volcano, thermite or something else that would be considered insanely hot. Preferrably before any autopsy takes place, leave my body in one piece! :P

This body was the vessel of my soul, no cutting, no experiments, no taking apart. Treat it with respect and then destroy it! :o

Maybe, if it wasn't too late for it at that point, store a bit of my DNA before doing any of the above and hand it to the family I'll (likely) never have, because reasons. Perhaps there will be some use for it, or not. :P

Spoiler

I'm actually being sort-of semi-serious about this.

It's not likely I'll leave anyone behind to mourn my death with no partner, no kids and no family around besides my parents and my older brother (who statistically/probably will pass before me), so leaving with a spectacular bang wouldn't be all too bad I guess. :lol:

I also do not want anyone to dig in my grave or look at half rotten remains, stomp on it, kick my tombstone or remove my grave altogether for space reasons (yes, things like that happen) or something else that I might have forgotten. If I knew this wasn't a thing, I might be considering this more. Having a tombstone for randoms to look at and have conversations like "Who was this fool?" "No idea." wouldn't be all too bad though, even if there would be no corpse. Maybe a bit of ashes can make it in there. But realistically there would likely be nobody who would pay for it or take care of my last resort.

PS: And I wouldn't like people who dug out my bones in the future to speculate about how the flesh around my bones might have looked like and give me some silly name. I don't believe anyone was ever really right about that, it's all speculation and I'm not a toy or doll to have fun with, not even after my death. One more reason why I don't want to leave my vessel behind.

I've changed my stance on the topic of my death. Rather than burn it and flush it down a toilet or send it out onto the breeze into somebody's ventilation, turn my body into a drone.

Definitely donate my organs. I'd be cool with either cremation or donating my body to science though.

9 hours ago, E is for E said:

I've changed my stance on the topic of my death. Rather than burn it and flush it down a toilet or send it out onto the breeze into somebody's ventilation, turn my body into a drone.

I was almost going to joke about taxidermying my body and making a drone too. I tend to laugh way too hard at stuff like the Catcopter and Ostichcopter. :P 

I'd like my organs donated if possible and the rest I don't care, I'll be dead anyways.. 

I'd want my organs to be donated if they're good enough for that. After that I don't care. Use me for science, bury me, cremate me. 

10 hours ago, Kelpie said:

I'd want my organs to be donated if they're good enough for that. After that I don't care. Use me for science, bury me, cremate me. 

That's a great idea! 

Wonder what science experiment I can participate in....

And wonder if my ashes will fly to the sky, and maybe joined in with stardust. 

Stardust. They are beautiful

LLAP

4 minutes ago, Vernon Dunkin said:

That's a great idea! 

Wonder what science experiment I can participate in....

And wonder if my ashes will fly to the sky, and maybe joined in with stardust. 

Stardust. They are beautiful

LLAP

I mean I like the stuff Gunther von Hagens does, although it's technically not a science experiment. :P So maybe something like that. But I guess it's not for everybody. 

1 hour ago, Kelpie said:

I mean I like the stuff Gunther von Hagens does, although it's technically not a science experiment. :P So maybe something like that. But I guess it's not for everybody. 

Everybody got their own ways to participate in science!

Well maybe I'll just participate in cancer studies. Wonder if it's too creppy to start wrting a will right now? I'm in 20s but who knows? I could die the next day. 

My real name is Joseph, he is patron of Happy Death, among other things. 

It comforts me. I hope I get a happy death.

AwkwardAxolotl

I figure once I'm dead, I won't need my body, so whatever use it can be of to others is what I would like to happen. If my organs can be of use to someone, they can have them. As for the rest of me, there's always anatomy classes or body farms that wouldn't turn their noses up at another specimen.

JustanotherTobigirl

Donate all of my donatable organs for medical reasons. Take it all, and burn and grind what little is left of me. Just don't put my dead body in some sort of museum. I'm not cool with that. I want to help save lives, not be stared at my school children. 

A mere monkey

I want my ashes to be made into a gem or stone, have that stone engraved on the hilt of a sword and I want that sword to be used to avenge my death.

I want any of my usable organs donated and the rest of me composted and used as fertilizer. Or just bury me in a patch of soil and plant a tree there. Preferably a wisteria tree. That would be cool.

i want my 10 future children to super glue a pair of underwear on me so when the doctors cut out my organs they cant look at my goods and do something...im gonna be a lifetime virgin so once im dead i dont wanna get fucked with and spoil this untouched body. But i want my organs to be donated cause im not rude and id also like my eyes and skin to be taken to help burn victims and blind people ya feel me. but in the end i want to be burned up into dust and i want my family to each get some of my dead ass ashes and throw them a place that they think i really loves so that way im a bit all over the place. But aye we shall see if that works out 

1 minute ago, miettaisace said:

10 future childre

Adopted or IVF?

29 minutes ago, :)(: said:

Adopted or IVF?

adopt. i just want so many children but only if im rich enough you feel. 

i think i might want 1 bio child but maybe not i will see when im older than 18 aye 

2 hours ago, miettaisace said:

adopt. i just want so many children but only if im rich enough you feel. 

i think i might want 1 bio child but maybe not i will see when im older than 18 aye 

I dunno I wish you could deactivate kids I love them but they seem far more taxing. Good luck handling 10!

1 minute ago, :)(: said:

I dunno I wish you could deactivate kids I love them but they seem far more taxing. Good luck handling 10!

thank you plus i want to do it alone, its always been my dream to have a big happy family. i had a horrible childhood and an abuse father so i want a better life for the children who have no one. 

Organ donor here but whatever as I don't care as I'll be dead anyway.

I once told an annoying an arrogant catholic priest, pointless discussion in the end, that if it was my choice I would give my body to a zoo to feed the carnivores. That ended the discussion abruptly, good thing.

@Nidwin It is your choice what happens to your body, but zoos don't want to give animals the taste of human flesh. Mainly a safety thing.

I'm enrolling in a zombie army, actually (I plan to be its leader), so I'll probably decay, but, you know, with style.

Hermit Advocate
6 hours ago, Chimeric said:

I'm enrolling in a zombie army, actually (I plan to be its leader), so I'll probably decay, but, you know, with style.

Good luck on the battlefield Captain. 

I want to be planted into a tree in a yard where my family lives and maybe kids in the family can climb tree me or I'd want to be planted somewhere protected where people who care about me can come and visit me and have a picnic or something.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Hermit Advocate said:

Good luck on the battlefield Captain. 

Aw shucks, who needs luck when you have a mindless, shuffling strut and an insatiable craving for brains.

Archived