I've been a hot mess

Copal_0

The semester is over, and I can finally think clearer without extra anxieties or pressures getting in the way. It usually takes me a while to get things and I feel like for years I've been telling myself "Thats not for you" (when looking at the lgbtq community) but then I found AVEN, and suddenly there was something for me. Questions that I've had all my life finally had answers. Recently I've been unpacking my dysphorias, revisiting memories, and looking at whether I've wanted to stay where I am just because of the privilege (even if I haven't been happy with it). To spite all of this I still say to myself "Oh, you're 30, it's too late". 

I don't think I'm looking for a label yet, I've even found it hard to pick up the queer label which has been so prevalent in the environment I'm in. I just know that I'm not comfortable being seen as a male. [Edit: because I don't seem myself as that internally a lot of the time] Being in a social environment again has been reminding me of that on a daily basis. I think I've been in a closet for years without even really realizing it, I just haven't been able to say these words before. 

I'm not even sure what I'm asking, or if I'm asking anything. I just wanted to get this out there. 

I’m glad you found AVEN and are comfortable here. It’s helpful to have a community or place where you feel free to explore your true self :)

Archived