Questioning whats up with me

Ok, so I've been attracted to people and feel like I want to kiss them and such and sometimes this feeling fades or its still there but when we do kiss or anything else, I don't feel any sparks at all. I can pleasure myself fine though. What does this mean? My counselor thinks my anxiety somehow blocks these feelings. I feel as though I could never fall in love because of always be looking at other guys wondering and feeling like theres something more otherwise we would just be "friends". I desire to have sexual fun, it just doesn't happen with others even though I want it to. I don't get it. I've never been in love. I'm confused and want to find someone I can feel something with. Is it something mentally?! Or I just haven't met the right one? But people can still feel sexual with someone even when its not the "one". Any insights would be great. 

Could you be demi sexual  and need to build a strong friendship before you feel sexual or romantic attraction?