Good to be back

LiquidCherry

Hello!

I not long returned from Australia and it's good to be back in parky England.  Everything has changed in the last few years, and I've lots to sort out - I really hope to spend a bit of time while decorating my new home, chatting  to some members. English is not my first language, so feel free to teach me new words and fix my errors.

8)

I'm in my late 30s, in a long term ace partnership, living with dogs and cockateils and a few guinea pigs.

Welcome back Cherry!🍰

I’m a bit confused by your post. How long were you in Australia, a “few years”? If that’s the case did your pets travel with you from Australia or did you pick them up in England?  Furthermore, are you decorating for the holidays or because you are moving into a new home?

I was away teaching and training adults to help set up a new volunteer-run wild animal rescue centre ( for 2 yrs ) and my partner came with me, mostly to do the building part. My pets have lived with family in England whilst we were gone. We visited England for a wedding, Christmas  and to welcome a new baby nephew into the family.

Hey Cherry,

That's neat, how'd you manage to get that two year job? Is there a site people apply for those type of projects?

I don't think my parents could handle my pets. Did you grow up surrounded by animals, so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for your family to take on your furry and feathered children? 

Must be nice to not have that long plane flight anymore to visit relatives:lol:

I got the job through my university who were running the project in collaboration with New South Wales as an international partnership. My university professor secured the funding and it was his project and I applied whilst studying for my post grad certificate. It was an amazing experience but very expensive. I had to meet my own living costs and Australia is much more expensive than England. I spent every penny and have returned home and staying with parents until savings recover. It's very surreal moving back home. I have lived independently since I was 23 but my mother and father still think I am 16. They would not accommodate my partner, so he is also living with family, his brother,  until we find our own place. But he is short drive away so we will manage.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived