Intese Sexual Atrraction?

argar

Sometimes I like coming across articles that take a different view point from the way my current psyche runs.

It's one of the reasons I liked the movie "Thanks for Sharing."

I may not be on the sexual scale where "sex" is an addiction, but I do like to compare and contrast my own situation.

Anyways, this article struck a similar chord.

I thought some of the reasons behind having intense sexual attraction interesting.

I hope it's an interesting read for you as well.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-is-2020/201703/is-it-possible-be-too-sexually-attracted-someone

Yes, sounds like a good advice. And it easily translates to non-sexual attraction as well. If you desire someone too much, step back and ponder why. You might learn something useful about yourself - and you might prevent the other from getting hurt by you.

Treesarepretty

Thank you for this article, @argar. In retrospect, what it says is obvious, but so many stories are based upon the idea of love-at-first-sight that feeling intensely attracted to someone immediately brings the response that "they must be THE ONE, so I must persue them/stay with them no matter what." 

• 2 weeks later...

I have met a few guys in high school, who were almost psychopatic in their approach to other people, primary girls. Like all that mattered was getting laid and best with the hottest and not the nicest girls. 

I liked the nice girls better.

So, the article basically says “walk away if you feel immediate intense sexual attraction” to someone as it’s unhealthy (for a variety of reasons).  While I am a highly sexual woman, I lack the addictive personality trait referenced and am unaffected by the need for this type of tryst.  Of course, I can appreciate a virile, nice looking man and even visualize him in a compromising situation, yet I wouldn’t obsess or ever feel I “must do him”.  For some, including me, the mental and emotional bonds are critical for the sexual element to develop.  I desire fully open, exploratory sexual contact on levels that require trust and caring.  That takes connection beyond primal, *thoughtless* sexual desire.

Anyhow, yes, thanks for sharing!

Edit:  So, I’ve turned this over in my mind today. Frankly, men flirt with me relatively frequently.  There’s no worse feeling on the planet than to have strangers so obviously want connection when the one person I need to be desired by (my husband) couldn’t care less sexually.  That’s a pain that’s indescribable, and why I find myself spending time on AVEN even though I’m happily coupled via outsourcing.  The ironies of life...

Archived