Don't be fooled by my account's creation date

KaceyCat

I am, in fact, new to AVEN. Apparently I made an account a few years ago with the express purpose of commenting on a board, then promptly forgot to ever check back in. Yay for rediscovering sites I'm already registered on!

So anyway, I've known I'm somewhere on the aro/ace spectrum for a while now, probably since high school, so around 2012? Maybe a bit earlier, maybe a bit later. Dunno, time all blurs together for me and my memory is garbo. Prior to figuring it out, I hadn't been that focused on labels, so it wasn't like I had one of those 'I'm not broken!' discovery moments when I heard about asexuality. It was more of a 'I don't know, maybe? That sounds kinda like me I guess...' To be honest, I think I procrastinated figuring it out for a while, because while I'd encountered the term before, I acknowledged that it might be me, then went 'Eh, don't care that much, I'll figure it out later.' and then later didn't happen for like, another year. Now, exactly where I fall on the spectrum is a bit up in the air, because I've had a few what I think were romantic crushes? But they didn't last very long, and looking back they might have just been super intense platonic friend-crushes? Ah well, doesn't matter much to me, I'm content just knowing I'm vaguely somewhere between aro/ace and demi-ro or grey-a, or something like that.

Funny story, during I think 11th grade, my having never dated someone apparently really bothered one of my friends, and she wanted to try and set me up with someone. I was totally uninterested, but she wouldn't listen. So during homeroom one day, on the spot I told her there was a guy who lived near my cousins (who live a few states away) that I maybe kinda potentially had a crush on? Apparently my character creation skills from roleplaying really paid off because I totally sold this fake guy to her as being real. I even pulled up my cousins' house on google maps, went down the road a bit, and showed her 'his' house. His name was Nick, he was a few months older than me, in our grade, and I'd met him when visiting my cousins, which my family does actually do every year or two. She bought the story, backed off on getting me to date someone, and fake guy I had a fake crush on who fake lived near my cousins was never mentioned again. That was the closest I ever got to being in a relationship. :lol:

Wow, that gets a double high five for creativity and acting ability. I thought just staring at people like a dying fish with big eyes and breathing through my mouth was a great way to drive people off!😁😁

Welcome back again! :cake::cake::cake:

Apathetic Echidna

that is some massive skill you have! managing to remember/not corrupt your browser password remember function for 2 years so that you can use a previously created account!

I once joined a site 3 times from 3 different computers because all the account details were lost and I would forget, then have an annoying sense of deja vu until I stumbled accross both of my old profiles. Massive Kudos for you! 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived