Demigirl? Agender? idk which one I am

enbypapaya

Hello everyone!

so recently I have started questioning my gender and I don't think that I'm cis but I also feel like I lean more towards female. I like using they/them pronouns but sometimes I really feel like a girl but then other times I feel like nothing but I have never felt like a boy. Does that mean I am a demigirl? 

PixleyDust✨

That's totally possible. You could also be genderfluid, oscillating between feminine and neutral. I mean, being genderfluid doesn't necessarily have to include femininity, neutrality, AND masculinity.

But being genderfluid myself, I might be biased. 

But for the most part, you do sound non-binary, which applies to ANYONE who doesn't feel cisgender. So that might be a useful term for you until you find something more specific, like demi-girl, that fits better. :)

Sometimes I feel "like a girl" or "like a boy" myself.  I used to identify more as genderfluid for that reason.  But over time observing myself, I realized these felt like costumes I sometimes put on for playful reasons, and that the person putting them on was nothing in particular--and that furthermore, these costumes were variable and comprised of random bits of cultural stuff glued together, all arbitrary and socially-constructed.  So I identify as agender :) 

FerlynnGoldbeard

Something that took me a long time to learn and understand is that gender is pretty fluid and not set in stone. How you feel now may not reflect how you feel in the future or how you've felt in the past. It's perfectly okay to fluctuate and try out different things until you find something that you're comfortable and happy with.

Janus the Fox

I've felt roughly the same way, occasional cross-dresser with a mild agender/fluid gender and expression, being a male sex.

ya could be, like, a milder version of me- sometimes a demigirl, sometimes a full-on girl, but never a guy,(That is me) which sucks because I'm AMAB

Thank you all so much! This really helped and I think I'm just going to identify as non binary until I can find something more specific. Thank you again!!:D

Archived