Hey

Aulora

Hey, I'm not sure how to do this but I guess I'll say hello: Hello, My name's Aulora, I'm pan-romantic asexual. I've never felt any sort of sexual desire but I know I will fall in love.  I've always had a thirst for knowledge, wisdom, experience, and philosophy. I feel very strong romantic feelings, wanting companionship, love, however I've had the worst luck. Whenever I tell my partner that I'm asexual they resort in cheating on me or breaking up. It breaks my heart how sexually driven the world is. When did society stop falling in love and started only falling into beds? 

Hello Aulora,

I too have never felt sexual desire, but seek lifelong companionship. I haven’t dabbled much in philosophy; however, I am curious by nature. Sorry to hear you’ve had a run of bad luck with relationships. I wish asexuals weren’t a minority group because I feel the dating problems described could be more easily avoided. Welcome to the boards!

Cheers, J

Thanks! It sucks but I think it'll all be worth it in the end. Its awesome that you're curious about nature, it's a beautiful thing. If you ever want to talk about philosophy or nature, feel free to message me, I'm looking to make some new friends!

Hey Aulora, 

Welcome and  I'm sorry to hear you have struggled with relationships it does suck when people are like that. 

If you enjoy learning I would recommend trying out Sam Harris' Podcasts. There are various topics discussed on them often philosophical at least in part. 

Welcome Aulora! Why not try dating other asexuals? There are a few asexual dating websites, and OKCupid has an asexual option. I'm sure a wonderful pan-cake (nickname for panromantic asexuals) such as yourself will find someone special in no time. :) 

pancakecake.png

Thank you both for being so welcoming, I'll definitely check out that podcast and maybe the dating site. Like I said earlier, I'm looking forward to making new friends so if you ever need to talk about something or nothing at all, feel free to message me!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived