I think I'm a bit confused

Ajya

Right so, I grew up in the Bible Belt with absolutely no internet. Recently I’ve moved and got to be a bit more free in my knowledge pursuit. I’ve never been interested in sex, nor having a relationship. And I’ve always hated the fact that I’m a girl.  I've always thought that my appreciation for the male form was attraction, but have recently realized that it was more of envy that I wanted to look like that, than I want to be with that.  I also been doing research in LGBTQ community, due to the fact that I was interested and it was an avenue of exploration that I hadn’t thought to look into before for fear of having shit storm hit me due to the religiousness and bigotry of where I used to live. I’m not sure what I am or exactly what I’m asking. My first thoughts are “I’m not normal”, but with the research, I’m beginning to think that is not necessarily the case. Any thoughts, or an arrow pointing in some direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

First thing I'd like to say is that you are defiantly not alone. I know something about growing up kind of shelter and figuring it out on your own thinking "This can't be right?" or "I'm not normal". My advise is to give it time, find people you understand and who understand you. As you grow, I believe you'll begin to know yourself better than anyone could tell you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to send me a message.

On 12/15/2017 at 4:49 AM, Ajya said:

Any thoughts, or an arrow pointing in some direction would be appreciated.

Hello Ajya, welcome to the AVEN forums! Have some cake :cake:!

You could read a bit more in these sub-forums, for example:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/57-gender-discussion/

http://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/127-intersectionality/

I wish you a successful journey to figuring out yourself. All the best to you!

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 15.12.2017 at 4:49 AM, Ajya said:

Right so, I grew up in the Bible Belt with absolutely no internet. Recently I’ve moved and got to be a bit more free in my knowledge pursuit. I’ve never been interested in sex, nor having a relationship. And I’ve always hated the fact that I’m a girl.  I've always thought that my appreciation for the male form was attraction, but have recently realized that it was more of envy that I wanted to look like that, than I want to be with that.  I also been doing research in LGBTQ community, due to the fact that I was interested and it was an avenue of exploration that I hadn’t thought to look into before for fear of having shit storm hit me due to the religiousness and bigotry of where I used to live. I’m not sure what I am or exactly what I’m asking. My first thoughts are “I’m not normal”, but with the research, I’m beginning to think that is not necessarily the case. Any thoughts, or an arrow pointing in some direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

Don't worry! You're just perfect the way you are. There's nothing wrong with you. It sounds a lot like me actually. Everyone of us is equal and unique in its very own way. I'm sure you'll find your place somewhere within the community someday.

Archived