o/

RuCookie

Hello everyone,

I'm not really sure exactly how well I belong yet and am really doing some searching about me and myself. An ace friend of mine pointed out to me that I might be too, and a lot of the frustration I've dealt with in the past might be because I was looking at myself and others incorrectly. I'm a 29 year old male and after a lot of reading. (And I mean a lot), decided I should reach out to a community and start actually asking questions, and looking for more personal answers, seeing if people can understand me I suppose.  Right now using my own limited judgment I think I'm more of an aromantic asexual. I spent years trying to date and figure out what I was doing wrong in my relationships and being asexual had never really been a thought because I have a libido, and it's easy for me to get aroused. In fact, I enjoy it, which is what probably kept me from realizing that it was never about the person I was with, that I was never actually sexually attracted to him or her, just basing things off how my body reacted. Really I think all I've ever wanted were close friends that are willing to cuddle and talk to me and listen to me.  Which is probably why for years after breaking up with one of my exes, I still live with her and talk with her.

So while I'm a little bit nervous and a little bit excited, I hope to learn a little bit more about me, and if I'm lucky even find someone similar to talk to. I'd like to feel like someone can relate to me. Also, I apologize if that was too personal or long-winded. I'm just ready to put it out there and feel like I can breathe for once. 

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us! : ) You'll find a lot of friendly and supportive people that can relate to you here. I think you're on the right track!! Just take your time, ask questions, and I hope you enjoy being a member. (And don't worry, your post wasn't too long at all!)

Related image

Welcome! A libido without a "target" can be a very confusing thing, I know it took me a while to understand the difference. In the end, it's about whether or not you feel comfortable taking the label and whether you believe it describes how you feel.

csc_8469.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived