Horror Heads Unite!

Shadowstepper

I like horror movies, but I'm not really a fan of jump-scare, which is all horror movies seem to be able to accomplish these days.

I agree I really like older stuff like 80s slashers, then the Universal monsters, and some of the new French horror. Jump scares can be fun but if that's all you can do then you aren't making horror movies just scary movies. What do you like?

I dont like gore or slasher films. I prefer the psychological stuff like Silent hill, and The Others. Women in black was pretty good call back. 

I love the Scream movies and the first two Halloween movies. Gory torture movies like the Saw and Hostel movies are pretty cool too.

I also like listening to horror story narrators on YouTube.

Videodrome is one of my all time favorites! I dig pretty much anything David Cronenberg does. He was far more intellectual than other horror filmmakers especially in the 80s. Him and Clive Barker put way more thought into things. @Thea2

That is the genius of culture isn't it? It seems to be frivolous and pointless but it is really about the human condition and how we as individuals fit into society or how we come to know ourselves. I love it.

Warning : foul language, arm removal, bad comedy

Spoiler

Always looking for answers

Oow yeah!! I read my first King novel when I was eleven (It) and started watching horror movies when I was about 9 years old. 

Now, as an adult, I still prefer King books above all else.

By the way: I absolutely LOVED the remake of It! The new Pennywise is, in my opinion, much more scary than the old one.

That first scene with Georgie was amazing! That whole movie was great though.

Stephen King was my first horror novelist. My highschool library had all his books. My first taste of horror movies were the old Universal monster films like Dracula and Frankenstein. Then Godzilla, Nightmare on ElmStreet and Friday the 13th. 

2 minutes ago, ABryonJ.maybe said:

That first scene with Georgie was amazing! 

"Pop-pop-pop-pop" :D 

Yeah it was. And Pennywises little dance in the scene with Bevvy!!! I saw the movie in IMAX and the chair was trembling in the rythm of his steps. So awesome! 

28 minutes ago, ABryonJ.maybe said:

"Beep beep Ritchie" So good. Alexander Saarsgaard ( I know I misspelled that) actually made Pennywise come to life, he deserves an award.

I agree. Same goes for ghe guys who played Eddie and Richie. 

What I did think was a bit weird, were the parts with Bevvy's father. In the book he is also a "not so pleasant man", but I can't remember there was sexual assault in Bevvy's youth. The movie kinda suggested she was molested and that threw me off. Might have to read the book again to find out if I remember it wrong. 

(Pennywise actor's first name is Bill by the way ;)

Molestation is in the book, I believe it is revealed in a scene when adult Bev goes to her old house and Pennywise takes on the shape of her father and tortures her with the memories. You're right it is Bill. There are so many Skaarsgaards its hard to keep up with! 

Ah that means I just didn't remember. It's been 24 years since I read the book and at that time I was way too young to pick up subtle hints so I'm not suprised.

Can't wait for the second movie! Very curious if the adults have the same jobs since they changed up interests with Mike and Ben.

I read it and that was the one part that really stuck in my mind. It was so horrifying to me because I just had found out my neighbor friend was molested by her stepdad. It was one of the worst cases of life imitating art ever. 

Damn that is indeed horrifying :( I hope the stepdad got sentenced for doing that, and that the girl got some help to deal with her traumatic experiences.

The part that stuck with me is the weird 'group activity' they undertake as kids before they go off to kill Pennywise (don't want to spoil it to people who have yet to read the book). King was in a weird state of mind when he wrote this book, that's for sure ;) 

Yeah I know and he also was addicted to alcohol... I read he was in rehab when writing It.

Have you seen Mr. Mercedes yet? Great adaption from the book!

Archived