Am I asexuality if that changes when high?

whokilledhannibal

whokilledhannibal

Ive known I was asexual before I knew the word. Ive been identifying as such since I was 14. Im now 21, and I had cannabis for the first time a few months back. and things got weird

Im your stereotypical sex repulsed, touch repulsed asexual. when Im high I want physical affection from my close friends. a bit ooc but its to be expected

then I get higher, and I start orgasming? spontaneously. and I get flirty and (seemingly) allosexual. the next day Im still feeling it. then it fades

when I was a teen I dreamed of a cure. is this it?

Im so lost. I was so sure of my asexuality. it took so long to come to terms with and its a big part of me. is this an aberration? do I still 'count'? am I just allo with a dead libido? does that not make me asexual anyway? thanks for listening. I hope this is ok to post, weed is legal where I live

Hi, I'm sorry that you're struggling right now. I was going through some confusion when I realized that I wasn't asexual myself.

(Some TMI.)

Now, you say that you orgasmed after trying marijuana. Orgasming doesn't have anything to do with whether you're allo or ace . . . a lot of asexuals masturbate and orgasm themselves, and that definitely doesn't discount them from their sexuality. You said that you flirted--once again, that doesn't discount you from asexuality.

What may or may not "discount you," so to speak, is if you felt any desire to have sex. Even if it was briefly, even if it was just a bit--that's not "fully on" asexuality, by definition. It's possible that you're gray-A, and cannabis is triggering your sexuality. :)

• Like 1

I have the same kind of problem, only with alcohol instead of marijuana. The more that I drink, the more touchy I become and the more open to sex/sexual I become (as in, no longer repulsed and more neutral/positive towards sex), however I don't become sexually attracted to people, which makes me still feel as if I am asexual 

From what you are saying, I would say that you still count as asexual as you don't seem to have any sexual attraction to people. However that is just my opinion. I would say that it's up to you what you choose to define yourself as, though by the sounds of it to me you still count as asexual

• Like 1

If you would have to be high all the time in order to maintain that sexuality, then I'm not sure it's real or counts for anything, as it's not your natural state of being. If you're asexual in your natural state, then that what counts, IMO. 

• Like 3