Hello, I suppose?

Starry-eyed

Hi everyone, my name's Taya and I'm 15 years old (I'll turn 16 in a month or so). I live in the Netherlands and I'm doing bilingul education with Latin (I dropped Greek last year).

I realised I was ace about a year ago, when I was on the explore page of Instagram. There was this account (something like asexuality_by_the_masses) and I was skimming through their posts when I gradually realised that hey, these posts were talking about me! There were a couple of other accounts too that might have helped, but the ace part was definitely there. The next step was worrying aboutmy romantic orientation. I switched from biromantic to panromantic, to homoromantic, to polyromantic, until I finally settled on biromantic again (I was kinda afraid to identify as biromantic, because I'm not attracted to boys at all, and people would assume I do). Meanwhile, my gender was even more of a mystery. I knew I wasn't really female, but I didn't feel comfortable calling myself a demigirl. I've just called myself non-binary and kept it at that - then this diagram showed up. And this is similar to my romantic orientation; I did feel like I was genderfluid, but I never felt male at all, and If I'd call myself genderfluid it just didn't really feel right.

CI390BlUsAALMQP.jpg

I'm also very short (1.63 m, or about 5’4’’) and I'm very mad about that. It might not be that short in other countries, but in the Netherlands it is. It does, however, increase my chances of becoming an astronaut greatly (in which a great increase in a tiny tiny chanche is still so friggin tiny). 

I also love everything that's space-related, including lots of series and movies. It's also why I want to becoma an astronaut - and if I can't manage that, well, then I'll just try to become an astrophysicist or something.

Anyways, hi everyone! Have some cake! :cake:

Welcome! Whilst that diagram is helpful it doesn't cover all of the terms, greygender for example, and Demi. 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

17 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Whilst that diagram is helpful it doesn't cover all of the terms, greygender for example, and Demi. 

So while I did know that the diagram was incomplete, thanks for sharing this video! It was very informative and fun to watch, too

Archived