Question- (Lack of) Sexual Attraction

Hi, I have a question! So I’m fairly certain I’m ace, and when I see pictures, etc. of guys that most people would call “hot” I sometimes get a weird/uncomfortable feeling. They’re not particularly unattractive, and the pictures aren’t sexual in any way, and I don’t feel “aroused” either. I’m wondering if it’s because I know that they’re considered “hot” by society but I don’t find them (or anyone else) to be, and maybe it’s causing some sort of cognitive dissonance? I’ve never felt the same discomfort towards girls, but my romantic crushes have all been on guys. Has anyone else felt something similar? Thanks!

Also, I don’t think I’m sex-repulsed, if that helps.

Galactic Turtle

Hello and welcome to AVEN!

Aesthetic attraction is a thing! So the stereotypical attractive person in whatever country you're in might just not be your aesthetic type. Just like the furniture my sister likes I think is ugly. The clothes I like my mom thinks are ugly. The paintings my grandmother likes my dad thinks are ugly. Everyone has an aesthetic preference even if that preference is nothing at all. Hell will freeze over the moment I think someone's drooling little dog is cute. Personally I think blond dudes with abs only wearing a speedo while covered in oil is grotesque. Korean pop idols though? Some of them are absolutely stunning. Style is on point. Carved out of marble. A+. The stylists do excellent work.

I'm repulsed by nudity though so the super masculine ripped half naked dudes lots of people scream over I'm genuinely frightened by. This might be similar to what you're experiencing. I get uncomfortable when women cut back on clothing as well but not as much probably because I also have a woman's body and know what's up.

• Like 1