Bisexual & Demiromantic (sorry it’s kinda long)

Ummm...I think?

Ummm...I think?

For the past years and a half I’ve really been trying to figure out my sexual orientation because I know I’m definitely not heterosexual. About 4 months ago I came out to a few of my friends as demisexual, and that felt right, it explained quite a few things as well. The other night I was thinking about a guy that might like me romantically but I don’t know how I feel about him. Then I realized that I only wanted to have sex with him, but I haven’t had any real conversations with him. They’ve only been surface level talks, like asking for the time and things like that. I definitely don’t like him romantically though, I don’t get butterflies or flustered when he’s around, I feel completely fine. So I think that I might be bisexual and demiromantic. I know I’m definitely sexually attracted to both men and women, but don’t know about other genders just because I haven’t had enough experience. Being demiromantic would explain having no romantic feeling towards him and also people I have liked in the past. They have all been friends of mine before I have liked them. I was just wondering if this makes any sense, and if anyone has any other thoughts.

Thanks,

R.K.L.

Hello, Ummm...I think? Welcome to the AVEN forums! Have some cake... :cake: :-)

Don't worry, that post wasn't all that long. But it's BIG :-)

What you write makes sense to me. Sounds like you're on a good path to figuring yourself out. Maybe some folks will chime in with similar experiences.

All the best to you! :cake:

Hi! I'm also bisexual and demiromantic and I completely understand your confusion. I've never really experienced having butterflies in my stomach and I was always that person at slumber parties who when asked so who's your crush, I would just shrug awkwardly and shuffle away. I knew of the term asexual before I found out what demiromanticism was and I knew that what I was feeling wasn't that but eventually I found the term demiromantic and that helped me a lot. And if you have had butterflies in your stomach before that doesn't mean that your not demiromantic that was just my personal experience. I also find that I have never had a celebrity crush, sure I have found some celebrities attractive but i've never had a crush on them. Has this happened to anyone else?

Archived