Hello! Newbie Here!

Dragonrider7288

Dragonrider7288

Hello! I'm new to AVEN and the whole asexual thing, and I just want to thank the ace community for spreading awareness. I didn't even know that asexuality was a thing until I discovered AVEN! 

Dragonrider7288
6 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :) 

100_48491.jpg

Thanks for the cake!

I'm new, and looking mostly to learn how to navigate the site right now, so whatever you feel would be useful!

Hmmm, Parent's Guide to Asexuality to show your folks, A little glossary of useful terms , A cute little illustration on types of attraction , and The AVEN list of romantic orientations are all very helpful. Also check out Ash Hardell's ABCs of LGBT+ - it's really informative, and has very helpful explanations :) 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Dragonrider7288
13 hours ago, Lichley said:

Hmmm, Parent's Guide to Asexuality to show your folks, A little glossary of useful terms , A cute little illustration on types of attraction , and The AVEN list of romantic orientations are all very helpful. Also check out Ash Hardell's ABCs of LGBT+ - it's really informative, and has very helpful explanations :) 

3 hours ago, .Lia said:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thank you so much! This is super helpful. 😊

hey i am new to this site as well! its a little nerve wrecking isn't it? while at the same time nice to finally belong! I didn't know much about it either and always just thought I was weird or there was something wrong with me.

Dragonrider7288
7 hours ago, franna said:

hey i am new to this site as well! its a little nerve wrecking isn't it? while at the same time nice to finally belong! I didn't know much about it either and always just thought I was weird or there was something wrong with me.

I definitely agree! Although it has been nerve-wracking, it's been quite the weight off my shoulders!

6 hours ago, Dragonrider7288 said:

I definitely agree! Although it has been nerve-wracking, it's been quite the weight off my shoulders!

funny how that works huh. :) super glad i found this place.

• 1 month later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here in AVEN ^_^ 

Archived