Navy Flashbacks (Warning)

Warsaw

I keep having flashbacks to the US Navy.  Liberty policy required you go out with a buddy.  I remember all of the brothels my friends went to,with me hanging out front of house arms length from the prostitutes while they tried to force their way into my personal space.   All of the stripclubs I was dragged to.  I have a memory there of my LPO paying a stripper to spank me with my own belt, I knew the second she started talking to him then made eye contact with me something was wrong.  I remember Rammstein was playing on the PA and being struck probably 20 times in front of all my shipmates.  They all cheered.   My friends paid for me to have private dances, and me nearly gritting my teeth through it all.

Acting in ways I didn't want to, talking to women I didn't want to.  I still have pictures my friends took of attractive women flanking me, putting my arms around them with me looking extremely uncomfortable in every photograph.  I have a wealth of memories I wish I could just delete.

I have one positive memory of going to Hooters, and same story, all of the girls in the resturant go to flank me, and see that I am uncomfortable and tell me that that I don't need to touch them, that they would simply stand beside me for a photo.

Long story short, the Navy kinda sucks.  I did like the uniform tho.

What an unpleasant sounding experience at large. Did you, at that point, already know that you were asexual?

4 minutes ago, OldSoul said:

What an unpleasant sounding experience at large. Did you, at that point, already know that you were asexual?

Yes, but didn't have a word for it.  Basically I have known since I was 14, and this sight was probably just being made then, it wasn't common knowledge.  I would say the Navy was my denial stage and my shipmates wanted me to have sex in the first port call we made (I made the mistake of letting my virginity be known.)

@Warsaw

I have a friend in the Navy (he isn't asexual mind you) who mentioned his virginity and met a similar response.
It took me a long time to have a word for my asexuality, too. I always just thought I was "up-tight" when I was younger, and when I aged further a was more open and couldn't begin to call myself uptight I thought I was "uninterested".
When experiences came around that tested my sexuality, when I was forced into things I did not want, it always made me question myself and my identity. Very unpleasant at the time.

There were times in the Navy that stand as the proudest in my life.  The day I passed the PRT (I'm a weak runner,) the day they threw my Recruit hat on the ground and placed a Navy hat on my head (I cried my own tears that day.)  I consider my experience to be a wash.

14 minutes ago, OldSoul said:

@Warsaw

I have a friend in the Navy (he isn't asexual mind you) who mentioned his virginity and met a similar response.
It took me a long time to have a word for my asexuality, too. I always just thought I was "up-tight" when I was younger, and when I aged further a was more open and couldn't begin to call myself uptight I thought I was "uninterested".
When experiences came around that tested my sexuality, when I was forced into things I did not want, it always made me question myself and my identity. Very unpleasant at the time.

Some of it I was able to shake off.  The stripper incident I would like to have had like 30 seconds of warning before being more or less beaten.  I actually admired her skills slightly, she executed the whole action in less then 30 seconds before I could even say anything.

The mama-sans when they figured out that I was off limits usually pulled their prostitutes away from me and I actually talked to the women as humans.  Stripclubs I honestly don't comprehend, I also hate throwing money physically, I disliked that more than naked women dancing.  I like to hand money, or place it on a counter.

The Navy has a womanizing, whoremongering, drunk, and profane history, and seemingly wanted to keep their reputation.

1 hour ago, Warsaw said:

Yes, but didn't have a word for it.  Basically I have known since I was 14, and this sight was probably just being made then, it wasn't common knowledge.  I would say the Navy was my denial stage and my shipmates wanted me to have sex in the first port call we made (I made the mistake of letting my virginity be known.)

I find that the worse thing you can do is let people know you're a virgin because 1 they either treat you like you're 5 years old, or 2 they try to get you to have sex because they feel that you need to come of age or some crap. Its really noones business who you've been with or if you haven't been with anyone at all because either way its gonna be a negative reaction all the way around.

We've all been there I think. I let slip to a work colleague a decade ago that I was a virgin and of course they tried to get me laid. His words were something like, "we need to get you some p***y", and I reacted with, "ewww". He told me to be careful or else people would think me gay. I must admit, I couldn't understand back then why it all grossed me out so much but not others.

My experiences went from well meaning to mean. At one post I was taken to a famous prostitute, who was said to be able to get a rise out of anyone. Guess what? The guys who did this just avoided the subject after that. At another, it was torture. They couldn't leave me alone. There were rumors spread about me being a child molester. I ended  up throwing a box of heavy cans down on one of them from a deck above. I missed, as I intended, but it did scare them.

Archived