aro spectrum??

lunaxicanx

i’m confident in my identity as a demisexual but i’ve been reflecting lately & i dont think im heteromantic. i’ve always forced myself to have crushes on people & “like” them for long periods of time because i felt like i had to in order to fit in.  I’ve only really had any type of real emotions for my current bf (who i have a very close connection with) but like idk if i would call myself a demiromantic either because i feel i’ve found people cute & stuff but i’ve never really wanted to be with anybody aside from my boyfriend. with everyone else i’ve really just like wanted to be their friend. i’m just really confused on my romantic attraction because i dont think i fit into the heteromantic catagory. i also feel like no sensual attraction at all. can anybody else relate

There is no such thing as an "aromantic spectrum". Aromantic folks don't experience romantic attraction / desire for a romantic relationship. If you do, no matter the frequency or the circumstances that have to be met, you're not aro (general you here).

I wonder what it is with all those people "forcing" themselves into things in order to "fit in". If you're happy with the way things are in your relationship with your SO, why make it unnecessarily complicated? No matter if you're demi, grey or whatever. It is what it is.

Your experience seems pretty regular and average to me :)

• Like 3
20 hours ago, lunaxicanx said:

I’ve only really had any type of real emotions for my current bf (who i have a very close connection with) but like idk if i would call myself a demiromantic either because i feel i’ve found people cute & stuff but i’ve never really wanted to be with anybody aside from my boyfriend.

Finding people cute doesn't really mean you experience romantic attraction towards them! ^_^ That sounds more like aesthetic attraction to me. If you're in a steady relationship and this may be the first time you have ever been in one and wanted to be in one with a specific person, the term "gray-aromantic" may fit you! One of the definitions under it is that they experience attraction very rarely - usually to the point where they can count the amount of crushes they have had on one hand alone. (Same thing could also apply to grayasexual.) However, this is ultimately your choice, but that was just my take on it. :)

Apathetic Echidna

Liking someone in a non-sexual non-romantic way is generally given the term platonic attraction and/or for stronger bonds, platonic love. There are plenty more terms around than just demiromantic, aromantic and heteroromantic if you wish to find a comfortable descriptive label for yourself. I'm not sure on this but it is very possible that your demi- experience as a sexual orientation does not have to manifest in an identical way for a demiromantic orientation.