I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but here I am.

E Wildflower

Hello!

My name is Ellis and I use they/them pronouns. I am a 20-year-old college student majoring in Sociology. I also enjoy singing, writing poetry, and knitting, and I'm somewhat involved in local LGBTQ+ activism.

I see a lot of stories in media where people say "I always knew I was [insert identity], I just didn't have a word for it" and I think it's really cool that there are people out there that are that sure of themselves, but I don't think it's that common and certainly not my experience.

As far as gender goes, I have pretty much settled on the term genderfluid, and it only took me about four tries. With my sexual/romantic orientation, I've had about a dozen different labels that I've tried on and later decided that they weren't quite right.

I'm perpetually hoping that someday I'll find a simple and satisfying way to explain my sexual and romantic orientation, but I also wonder if it might do me more good to just learn that I don't have to label myself. Either way, I've been lurking around for awhile and found the conversations here to be very interesting and informative and I figured I should introduce myself. So, hello.

You don't have to have a label if you don't want one. The important thing is that you're comfortable with the result. Take your time and feel free to switch between labels, it doesn't matter if you get it wrong a few times, it just matters that you're happy with the result. :) 

12 hours ago, Lichley said:

You don't have to have a label if you don't want one. The important thing is that you're comfortable with the result. Take your time and feel free to switch between labels, it doesn't matter if you get it wrong a few times, it just matters that you're happy with the result. :) 

I think "take your time" is more-or-less what I've been trying to tell myself for awhile. I hope hearing it from someone else will make it easier to listen. Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, EED Wildflower said:

I think "take your time" is more-or-less what I've been trying to tell myself for awhile. I hope hearing it from someone else will make it easier to listen. Thank you so much.

No problem. Think of it as trying on a new outfit. You can wear it to check the fit, and if it's not what your looking for you can send it back free of charge and try another one on. You don't have to tell anyone you have it, you can just have it there if you want to use it :) 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived