I am looking for information on relationship advice

goodguy1110

I am a sexual 22yo male, I have had a crush on an asexual woman, that is one of my friends but I hardly know her. I have had this crush for about a year now, and I just found out she might be attracted to women more than men, I have a feeling that this crush is going to go unreciprocated, but I still want to tell her how I feel. But I don't think I can handle the rejection of someone I have a crush on this long. And I am sorry to bother you guys with this but i actually kind of bugs me that I have this crush on someone that may or may not like me back, when I have a crush on another sexual woman I can deal with their rejection because, i have dealt with it before. but this I am lost because the crush I have no idea if I am more interested in the non sexual fantasies i have built in my mind or if I like her. please help.

Speaking from my own experience, I always regretted NOT telling a girl I liked her when I was the same age as you. I was afraid of rejection but knowing for sure would have helped bring closure but instead I wondered for years what might have been if only something had been said.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Warrior said:

Speaking from my own experience, I always regretted NOT telling a girl I liked her when I was the same age as you. I was afraid of rejection but knowing for sure would have helped bring closure but instead I wondered for years what might have been if only something had been said.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I want to tell her how I feel but I hardly even see her.

Just now, The Unknown Warrior said:

Can you get in touch and ask her out for a coffee and chat?

not really I have friends that can get in touch with her, but I am still kind of an outsider in that group so they are a little hesitant to do that.

Hmm, that's a little tricky. I had thought you were more friendly with her than that. It's best to try and get to know her a bit before chats like that. I suppose you could try and join an event you know she's going to and say how you feel.

Just now, The Unknown Warrior said:

Hmm, that's a little tricky. I had thought you were more friendly with her than that. It's best to try and get to know her a bit before chats like that. I suppose you could try and join an event you know she's going to and say how you feel.

I have been trying to get my friends to help, I am more friendly with them,its only her that i ma not as friendly with. 

Have you talked to your mutual friends about your feelings for her?

From what you've said I think you need to prepare yourself for rejection, and kind of gear yourself up to expect it. I agree that it's probably better to at least confess rather than regret not asking as it does get you some closure -- but I don't really understand why you feel her rejection  would be different from a sexual woman's? 

11 minutes ago, gaogao said:

Have you talked to your mutual friends about your feelings for her?

From what you've said I think you need to prepare yourself for rejection, and kind of gear yourself up to expect it. I agree that it's probably better to at least confess rather than regret not asking as it does get you some closure -- but I don't really understand why you feel her rejection  would be different from a sexual woman's? 

I have talked to our mutual friends about my crush, but they really haven't bee able to help me according to them. I don't really know why her rejection would be different either, i think I ma just running thin on my ability to handle rejection with out some reciprocation of affection, like you can only get turned down so many times before you lose motivation to try and find a relationship. i know its weird.

4 hours ago, goodguy1110 said:

I am a sexual 22yo male, I have had a crush on an asexual woman, that is one of my friends but I hardly know her. I have had this crush for about a year now, and I just found out she might be attracted to women more than men, I have a feeling that this crush is going to go unreciprocated, but I still want to tell her how I feel. But I don't think I can handle the rejection of someone I have a crush on this long. And I am sorry to bother you guys with this but i actually kind of bugs me that I have this crush on someone that may or may not like me back, when I have a crush on another sexual woman I can deal with their rejection because, i have dealt with it before. but this I am lost because the crush I have no idea if I am more interested in the non sexual fantasies i have built in my mind or if I like her. please help.

You'll never know if you dont ask her out. And dealing with rejection of an asexual woman is pretty much the same as dealing with a sexual woman rejecting you . Go on...give it a shot !! Good luck !! 

@The Unknown Warrior - i always assumed u were a girl...must be the dp...

37 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

You'll never know if you dont ask her out. And dealing with rejection of an asexual woman is pretty much the same as dealing with a sexual woman rejecting you . Go on...give it a shot !! Good luck !! 

@The Unknown Warrior - i always assumed u were a girl...must be the dp...

I am on the inside.

thank you everyone for the great advice, but it would appear to me that she doesn't want any part of a conversation with me, she has blicked me on tumblr and instagram, and ignores my facebook messages. So I feel this is a lost cause.

Archived