Books to read??

JCJ

Let me apologize first if there question and answer is hiding somewhere in the forums (just signed up here tonight).

I am asexual female (which I discovered this past year) and married to a sexual partner for the last 11 years and we have an 8 year old daughter. Things are tough for him because I can't show the affection that he desires and lately he has been talking about maybe dissolving the marriage because of this. We get along great and love him very much and can see being with him forever so to hear this puts me in tears because I can't show how I really feel. I want to step it up to meet half way, but it's very difficult.

Does anyone have any suggestions if they are in the same position as me.  We need counselling but didn't know if any one had any suggestions on some books I can read or advice.
Thanks in advance 

Apathetic Echidna

I guess the dream solution to your question would be a marriage counsellor recommended to you by asexual friends, but I would think that even a normal marriage counsellor would be the best sort of help. Can't help with book recommendations but I recently had a conversation with a polyamory discussion group organiser who was stressing the importance of self evaluation and open communication and how it is something everyone should be thinking about even if they are single or monogamous. So maybe reading up on relationship anarchy or polyamory guidelines and techniques will give you some hints about communication and making yourself understood.  

Archived