Squishes!!

RavenAlyssa

Hi all,

I just thought I'd make a space for aromantics (or otherwise) to share about their squishes! You can talk about problems or about how happy they make you or how you met them or whatever else you want. You can talk about QPPs or about hopes or about what you want in a future relationship, whatever that type of relationship may be. :) 

Also, here's a kitten. :)

jS5J0VO5JThL1rA13g_JT6De0vfeEKoG00YavVHZjwn4s-BMNAMX7S7D5l7JsnUun66YmiM-Kuw8SEwxfI3mWhU105fHuLRVq9TA1zHrwokblGwpdQ1a7IcDcBsOeGTkRo2oKzghonqMdYJlyW110TtYaMsToATRiNRi3i3eP9vevnSLRkckklDaJOK_napGNEH3C-g_zLMbDy-pN7IyXEbXy4NrueeXdG9GhLWdejOZTRQ_wfoBNGgNp2lvPexkAVmsXoACkAzygXb3extfF_tjVcYmvBqI9rb1ZtXX3v7-T9Fs-wJKYKp92WdpQ6Uee-cmULRUvgWffyg7pzmgEp_xOLRfDHrb0IUlyyYkXVeRPI1vLJTwRXaGOcIEK5OQvWzMdpjK9uVT8wun2DgPL68XRjK6cL-Fc1-dUaqtZ5wrs3ACsGkOQ0QviyaVW_1yC5K9U0BdZCGWRUWipLW1k3OL4wMSfvijfnZxXcARZqosnsKIOSzaGGekjPaIECbm90YgiMvQczHBjW8bXqVQnD4sjycB3klTtdi8ggcao3niTeJDYwC56NfoSR-TaeGuJXL2N_RhZkM4m2gbs9XGJFh381M7fgle7VRrpkMK7qA=w729-h664-no

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Yay!💖💖💖👍

I do desire a romantic relationship for sure, but I desire a QPR just as much. 

My hope is to find a nice woman to have a QPR with :blush: for the both of us to live together.

My QPP can have another QPP if she wants, since it's not a romantic relationship, I wouldn't mind.

Our relationship would be like a friendship with cuddles 😃😊

Thanks for making this thread, @RavenAlyssa. Kitten cuddles for you! No romo! ;) 👍

cuddles.jpg

Let's see...

I recently developed a squish for a particular person on here. To say the least, I was extremely slow in reciprocating the feelings, and when the feelings came, they hit me pretty hard. Regardless of how strongly I feel towards them, it's far too late for me to confess (or so I think?) So I just harbor the feelings, and appreciate their presence when I see them around. ^_^ I don't know them too well, but I find them to be delightful, and I wish I could platonically grow closer and befriend them. Maybe some day, I'll actually confess on the confessions thread for squishes and such, but for now, I'm comfortable just talking about them here. 

Edit: Now that I think about it, a QPR with them sounds ideal.. but at the same time.. maybe I'm feeling too strongly. ;-;

J. van Deijck

a squish has broken my heart recently, so there’s nothing much to say :P

FInally! I've been dying to talk about my squish, and now I finally have a place to do it. xD

Coincidentally, I met him at work. I haven't known him for that long, but already I feel like he's one of the best friends I've ever had. Whenever we work together, I'm always ridiculously happy. We talk to each other about all kinds of stuff, we joke around and call each other names, and I know I can rely on him whenever shit gets crazy. I like to think that he feels the same way that I do, even if he doesn't understand what it means. There was one night when I was really on edge, and I guess he caught on to my mood because he started asking me if I was okay. He wouldn't give up on it and kept doing stuff like leaving me notes with smiley faces and turning the radio up whenever a song came on that he knew I liked. It wasn't until after I got back from my break that I felt better, and he looked so relieved to see me smile that it broke my heart.

I just really, really like being around him. He's the nicest guy I've ever met, and I feel completely relaxed when I'm with him. For one thing, even though I'm slightly haphephobic, I don't mind it when he touches me, even though he doesn't that often because he knows I don't like being touched. For me to tolerate physical contact means that I have to be extremely close to the individual in question, and thus far that's only been my parents, my brother, and my best friend. So for this guy that I've known all of a few months to be able to give me a high five without me internally freaking out means that he has to be something special.

I have two squishes I think... the first is on one of my best friends, who has a pretty big crush on me which is sometimes a little uncomfortable, but now at least he knows I'm aro/ace. He lives in Indonesia, though, and I REALLY want to meet him in person because that would just be amazing. But oh well.

The second is on this girl I met recently at college. She's in a lot of the same fandoms as I am, and she thinks she might be aro/ace too, though she's not sure yet. She's just so easy to talk to, and I find myself wanting to talk to her all the time. We don't get to hang out much as it is because our schedules don't really overlap, but she's going to spend Winter vacation with me, which I'm super excited for! 

They just make my heart so happy ahhh :D

My hope is to someday have a Christian QPP, man or woman or otherwise, and raise kids (adopted) with them.

I just love the idea of living with a best best friend the rest of your life, and I love kids so. Yep!! 

nothinbuttrouble

I haven't had a squish in a really, really long time. But the ones I have had have stayed with me, even though they were years ago-

so much so that I wasn't really aware of how long it's been until I started posting on Aven and thinking about this sort of thing.

Now I hope to never have one again. Works me up too much. lol

Victory

Recently my squish got an almost invisible hair trim and I was like.

Oh did you get your hair trimmed? Causally~

Then the squish was like,

You noticed!

small VICTORY but one non the less

• 4 months later...

Friendly bump for the hell of it.~

Well I developed a squish on my best friend, which sounds nice and all except for the fact that I'm pretty sure she's straight. She still has that kind of flirty personality that isn't afraid to hold hands, call me pet names, and cuddle, which is great since that's about as close as I could probably ever get with her. Would I love to have a romantic relationship with her? Absolutely, but it will probably never happen. I'm just happy to be around her regardless, I always feel happy and comfortable when we hang out. I'd love to think there's hope for something happening in the future besides being friends, but I just try to be realistic about the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a brief definition of a squishes quite recently and i don't know where i could find out more information. i'm quite new to even basic terms on here like asexual, so it's interesting looking on these threads. i know now that i am asexual but i don't know if i'm aromantic or not. does anyone know   a reliable source i could get some more information from [question mark  key broken]

i am twenty three and i only ever heard the term asexual earlier this year, so i feel like i am so behind and i have so many questions i should have answers to by now - but AVEN and all you guys are a great help

• 2 weeks later...
Hayis4horses

I have a small squish on my friend. I wish she was a closer friend, like my best friend ever. I invited her over and I hope she can come over every week. :D The funny thing is I think she might have a squish on me, too. 

• 1 year later...
Plato Potato

Sometimes I just want to say to my dear ace friend, hello.

I love you. Platonically.

We could be in a relationship. Platonically.

Living together. Platonically.

Talking about all the most kawaii, well-designed, multi-dimensional anime characters. How adorable they are. Platonically.

Cuddling my dog. Platonically.

Eating cake. Platonically.

Feeding you chocolate. Platonically.

Just the two of us, and my dog. Or dogs. Or hamsters. Point is, no other humans. Also, no allergies. Just the two of us. Platonically. 

Yes, truly the stuff of daydreams and fantasies. 

Staying up late, watching the stars, with the crackle of a fire, watching anime and succumbing to the deep primal desire to be a lazy otaku.

But she is way too good for me. In my own platonically head-over-heels eyes. 

• 2 weeks later...
CelesteAdAstra

Friday, I saw one of the most beautiful and unique girls I have ever seen on a bus. The squish came on fast, but so did the bus. Now I'll never see her again and we'll never be the best friends we could have been. The end.

Darn my ability to squish on the most random strangers XD

verymelancholic

I have squishes but they are usually taken or don't like me, and all of them are allo, so what's the point?

On 6/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, verymelancholic said:

I have squishes but they are usually taken or don't like me, and all of them are allo, so what's the point?

How does their relationship status or orientation factor into wanting to be someone's friend?

AmIAroKatie

I generally have squishes on people that I admire.  I usually become friends with those people, but only a couple of which I can say I have become close friends with, and I am happy. 

Archived