What does it mean when ace says sex is repulsive?

On 12/8/2017 at 6:40 AM, Ace ♠ At ♠ Archery said:

I just find it strange how the area where you go to the bathroom could be considered "sexy." People are usually repulsed by germs or anything like that. :huh: I guess if you are aroused you don't really think about those sort of things whereas an asexual would.

Well, I would argue that sexuals DO consider it, though it's not something at the forefront of their minds when they think of sex.  Valid point though, thank you

• Like 1

I think the whole tactile aspect of sex is probably the biggest repulsion for me. Ever since I was little, I hated when people touched me. My family still poke fun at me for this all the time, and I suppose it is pretty strange. I'm just very restrained with my body-- if I let you touch me even in the slightest, most innocent way, it's a huge sign of comfort and trust in the other person. And I do think it's an instinctual thing for me; I naturally recoil when someone tries to touch me, even if consciously it's somebody I trust.

But it is a whole combination of other factors, too. Nudity freaks me out. I'm terrified of pain ~down there~ (I can barely even use skinny tampons!). Body fluids and smells are revolting to me. I don't think sex is a bad thing at all for other people, even in fantasies involving other people, but the thought of it physically happening to me is scary in so many different ways. It isn't something I think I would ever be personally motivated to do. 

• Like 4
Fantastic Name
12 hours ago, -satellite- said:

Ever since I was little, I hated when people touched me. My family still poke fun at me for this all the time, and I suppose it is pretty strange. I'm just very restrained with my body-- if I let you touch me even in the slightest, most innocent way, it's a huge sign of comfort and trust in the other person. And I do think it's an instinctual thing for me; I naturally recoil when someone tries to touch me, even if consciously it's somebody I trust.

I thought I was the only one.

• Like 1

As sex adverse, I can kind of relate. Sex isn't repulsive but I'm definitely not a fan of the concept. I don't like the idea of putting body parts together in that way. It sounds rather uncomfortable, and what's with all the fluids? That's from right next to where you pee and poop, it doesn't sound very sanitary. The benefits just don't sound worth the effort and the risk. 

TheSilentScientist
On 12/7/2017 at 8:28 AM, To Each Their Own said:

As an aside, I am also pregnancy repulsed. I seriously cannot even walk down the grocery store isle if there is a pregnant person already in it. I know they’re  not contagious, or anything, but I could seriously go on and on about this. 

It nice too see that I'm not the only one out there who finds pregnancy to be off-putting. While I don't consciously avoid pregnant people, the thought of myself becoming pregnant horrifies me. The idea of growing something inside you and losing control over your own body..I don't even have the words to describe how awful it is to me.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere
5 hours ago, TheSilentScientist said:

It nice too see that I'm not the only one out there who finds pregnancy to be off-putting. While I don't consciously avoid pregnant people, the thought of myself becoming pregnant horrifies me. The idea of growing something inside you and losing control over your own body..I don't even have the words to describe how awful it is to me.

Me too. I didn't bring it up because I'm homoaffectional anyway, so for me my sex aversion means "why I couldn't have sex even with the most wonderful woman... and sex with a man is even more scary and disgusting". But I've been pregnancy-repulsed basically all my life, since I knew what it is and before I even knew what sex is. I learned to read at the age of 5 (in Poland the age to begin school is still 7, so I was two years ahead) and around the same age I started asking the typical question "Where do babies come from". So, instead of telling it herself, my mom gave me two books explaining the topic in a child-friendly way. And the very idea of pregnancy and especially childbirth immediately became terrifying to me. This is why I started declaring at that age that I won't have children when I grow up. I never changed my mind even for a minute, now I could even say that I'd rather die than give birth. Plus, there are also medical procedures almost inextricably tied to pregnancy and childbirth (a woman could in principle avoid them, but at the price of giving birth alone, without anyone's assistance, in pain and danger). I'm scared to death of you know what kind of doctor... I literally feel that I would die if I underwent that kind of examination, under any circumstances (I've never done it, I consciously take the risk). This is WAY stronger that even my sex aversion.

I try to cope with my anxieties... I can live with all that stuff as long as it doesn't concern me personally. But you know... I want to respect people's feelings, so I wouldn't want to scorn the pain that infertile women may feel if they want to have children and can't.  I have a trans friend who always regretted that she couldn't give birth (she has children - already adult and, unfortunately, kinda embarassed that their parent has "changed sex" - but she begot them like a man). But it feels completely impossible to imagine for me: how can some other people want to give birth to a child. For me this is one of the most horrible things which could happen to me.

Fortunately, I at least don't have to worry about pregnancy, such reflections are purely theoretical... not having sex is a 100% effective contraceptive method.

• Like 1
Chrissy Noelle
13 hours ago, TheSilentScientist said:

I don't want to go through pregnancy either for similar reasons, including stress on my body, even hurting it and such. I'm already a very small and weak person, so the idea of trying to squeeze a child out sounds horrifying.

It doesn't even sound worth it to be honest. I don't want to be stressed for the duration of a childhood due to bringing them up well and other factors. It's kind of annoying when I tell anyone about how this and they say "Oh you can just adopt!" No, I said I DON'T WANT KIDS. Even saying that there's an undertone in their voice that implies "Oh ok, I'm sure you'll change your mind though."

Who else is tired of being expected to have kids?

Anyway, I suppose that's another reason not to have sex, but it's not really related to the repulsion part.