Hello

FinneganCatch

FinneganCatch

It's taken me a long time to get to this point, to consider actually calling myself asexual. I spent a lot of my teen years and all into college confused about what all the fuss with sex was and why it was everywhere. People would find out I was a virgin and it would be some big deal so I gave in and had sex, in fact tried to have (several) sexual relationships but I just ended up making myself miserable to the point I would end up avoiding the person entirely because I wouldn't want to feel pressured to have sex. At this point I am at the end of a failing relationship with a sexual person who despite my best efforts doesn't understand that I just don't want sex. Not just sex with him but sex in general. It's led to a lot of accusation of cheating and accusations that if I don't want to have sex with him then I must be getting sex somewhere else. Anyway thats where I am right now in life :) Still sorting myself out and figuring out things out. I've been on this site many a time before while I was flirting with the term asexual but never posted.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:^_^

cake3.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend doesn't understand how you feel. If you feel like finding someone new, maybe a bit later down the line, you could always try meeting other aces at Meetup Marts, because then you wouldn't have to worry about the expectation of sex in a relationship. :) 

chocolate-gran-marnier.jpg

Archived