• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Zlehnco

Demisexuals/demiromantics, do you have a “type”?

Zlehnco

I’ve been wondering for awhile if I’m demisexual. I’ve never really had celebrity crushes when I was growing up and never really felt crushes for anyone in general until I had been really good friends with them for awhile. Like I’d go to Hooters with friends and they’d all start talking about the hottest waitress, and I just wouldn’t feel much of anything and would just say “eh” when someone would ask who I thought was the cutest. So, people started to think I was gay. Bleh, but that’s kinda unrelated...

So I was just curious if there was any sort of aspect you really admire, or that really makes you drawn to a person. I really adore my girlfriend’s whole “change the world” mentality. She’s always the most outspoken, most willing to fight for a cause. So I guess you could say I like someone that has a lot of fire in them. Which I think is silly because I’m a really shy guy. So I was just curious if demisexuals have things they’re really drawn to, and that they really look for in a person,  or if it doesn’t really matter at all what a person is like as long as they have that deep emotional connection.

Star Bit

Yah, anyone can have a type. The bond/time span isn't what gets Demi's, it's that PLUS that person coincidentally/luckily also being their type. The bond factor just lifts the vail so they can view others sexually/romantically. From there you then get romantically/sexually triggered (i.e. your type) or you don't.

CompassionateChimp99

I have a type! I really like compassionate people. 

GypsyButterfly

There's qualities I find appealing & am drawn to. For example, someone I can have a strong intellectual connection with, who has a broad sense of humor, who is kind hearted, open minded, creative, etc. Just because a person possesses one or more of these traits, doesn't mean my mind & heart give it the greenlight. It might as a friend, but, not always something more. Just like I have diverse tastes in my interests, I'm the same with people. I have no idea who might trigger me. Every man & woman has been different. Though, I'm sure, they probably shared some things in common.

Baggage_warrior

My "type" are nice people who happen to be of the "naturally has bobs and vegene" variety (sorry for the stupid meme terminology, pls forgive angrily in Arabic). Nice, loyal, and loving... as well as capable and willing to fulfill my needs (libido needs, and needs for cuddles and cute things :3) looks don't matter much... but then again, I have a person in mind who is truly beautiful ^_^

SilentRose

I might be demiromantic, and I definitely have a "type" I realized. I've only really had two people I can call a "crush" not just a squish, only one in real life, and unfortunately...there is a pattern! Very typical musician type, talented and cool but emotionally distant, kind of cold and mean on the outside but with a good heart deep down, has been through tough times and is a fighter. So yeah, definitely have a "type"...and a very specific one too. 

Zlehnco
19 minutes ago, SilentRose said:

I might be demiromantic, and I definitely have a "type" I realized. I've only really had two people I can call a "crush" not just a squish, only one in real life, and unfortunately...there is a pattern! Very typical musician type, talented and cool but emotionally distant, kind of cold and mean on the outside but with a good heart deep down, has been through tough times and is a fighter. So yeah, definitely have a "type"...and a very specific one too. 

Haha! Very specific, I like it! :P

🎄Ryan🎄

I think my type is simply a good moral person, that is kind to others, with preferably brown eyes. I'm actually a sucker for brown eyes.^_^

Deus Ex Infinity

Yes but it's constantly sold out *looool*

Writer_182

I definitely have a type. I'm more likely to bond and feel connected to good-hearted people who have a sassy side. Like, be respectful and kind, but if you can give me shit and take it back just as well, I'm sold. Jokes and teasing are actually how I show my affection and that I'm comfortable around someone, so I like when I find people who can roll with it and do it back. I also tend to like nerdier/geekier people.

gisiebob

oh, hell ya! man I get the hots for anyone who, at the end of one of our lives, just wants the other one of us to be there, holding each other's hands, and then everything will be ok.

On 12/6/2017 at 2:30 PM, Star Bit said:

PLUS

mr starbits, you might want to read through this an see if there is a comon theme here that doesn't match up with your strict and possibly uninformed definition =^,^=

Kururin

I have a type. Specific one...

I'm into really sweet, insightful people who have been through a lot and who I can understand and relate to, but also like being a little cheeky shit (because I'm one myself xD) and have a really huge sense of humour. I'm a huge sucker for cute things and video games so if they like that, I'm legit happy. I'm basically a feminine person as well so I would also like that as well if that person was it least a little bit (which is why I prefer feminine girls but if you're a guy with at least some feminine qualities personality wise, that works too!) 

In short, I'm attracted to femininity towards both genders. Girls are just slightly more attractive with that part which is why my preference are girls but I'm attracted to guys too, personality wise.  

Sean-Kat

Intelligent, wise, genuine, and compassionate. I'm a demi-romantic asexual, and find that these traits are the most common in the people I end up attracted to romantically. I don't think I could date someone without all 4 of these- it would drive me nuts.

Rhaenys

People who show me kindness. My self evaluation is extremely low and I always feel like I don't deserve it. I'm attracted to that.

enbypapaya

Yea I have a type i usually like people who are similar to me so who like to read or write I find it brings us closer together