Easily bored and not emotionally attached

Cutuefotfot

Hi, I'm 23 years old, and have had many short term relationships and one long term. Im pretty sure in greyaro or aro. I don't think I've been in love before but I know I definitely loved my long term ex. 

My problem is that I always find myself bored and unsatisfied in relationships. I do not consider myself asexual, since I am very sexually active and enjoy sex.

Often times, the beginning of a relationship is good, there's no talk of deep loving feelings and the sex is hot and heavy, but with time, my partners have gotten very emotionally attached, sex fizzled out, and they seem very romantic. They want to buy me things, and talk about their day - relieve their stress. It's so boring and repulsive to me. By 6 months of seeing someone I'm terribly bored and want to move on. I've broken up with all of my partners. 

I do want to get married and have a family but it doesn't seem possible with this snoozville romance bullcrap. Any advice or similar feelings? Do you feel this way and are gray or aro? Help a sister out please! 

Apathetic Echidna

you may get some more help if you go here http://www.arocalypse.com/forums/

You have some sort of initial attraction to your partners, breaking down what that attraction(s) is will be the key to getting a label. But either way you don't feel the limerance/infatuated romantic love in the same way that they do and that discrepancy, or your own romantic repulsions, break down most of your feelings for them. Am I close?

It might be possible to get your wedding and family depending on how sensitive to romance you are, but discovering more about different aromantic experiences might help you in your future endeavours 

Archived