Wristwatch wearing habits

Ortac

Wristwatch wearing habits.  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option with best describes you.

• I am right handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am right handed, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am right handed, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • I am left handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am left handed, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am left handed, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Island-Of-Dogs

I am autistic, which usually comes with all sorts of sensory issues. For me that means that I simply can't tolerate wearing most accessories, but my ankles and wrists are especially a no-go zone. I am right handed, and I don't wear a watch. During my childhood I would occasionally be given wrist watches by well-meaning relatives, but I never wore most for more then a day or so. After the novelty wore off and the sensory issues kicked into high gear, off the watch came! From what I remember, I wore my wrist watches on my right hand, likely because that was my dominate hand and I thought the idea of wearing a watch on my non-dominate left hand was unnatural and "stupid" regardless of what my Dad said was traditional!

I am right handed and I always wear my watches on the left wrist. I always wear them when I am not at home. 

My watches are like my friends that share with me so many memories. They mean a lot to me.

I've been wearing watches since I was maybe 5 years old; I feel naked without one. I always wear them on my left wrist out of habit, though I suppose that also makes the watch easier to put on/remove too. I only remove my watch if I'm playing a musical instrument (especially percussion) or if I'm going to be in water for whatever reason.

Tragically, I love pocketwatches too, but I look super redundant wearing a wristwatch, pocketwatch, and smartphone on my person. :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Rather ironically, a family member decided to buy me a watch as a thank you for bailing them out, as I use my phone for a watch, well it displays the time anyway, and I've not worn a watch for well over 20 years, I now own a wristwatch 

Quintus Crinis

I picked other as although I write with my right-hand, there is a suspicision that this was forced by an early teacher and I tend to prefer my left hand for almost everything else.
I wear my watch on the left wrist.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always heard you should wear your watch on the had you don't write with (and that's what everyone I know does!) but I'm right handed and wear my fitbit on my right hard, because I have a tattoo on my left xD I also don't think it'd be comfortable on my left, personally!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Used to wear a watch on my right wrist, but don't wear anything now. Tend to look at my phone. I always broke watches anyway, forgetting I was wearing one and smashing it against walls etc.

Right-handed, and wear my watch on the left - for over 22 years by now :lol:

The only time I wore it on the right-hand side, was because I had my left arm broken, but somehow that was a very different watch-reading experience than with the other side ;)

I do product testing, I've just been asked to try the Apple Watch, for someone who doesn't wear watches, I've been bought a watch and asked to test a watch in the past month 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:50 PM, daveb said:

When I need/want to have a watch on me I carry a pocket watch.

This is awesome.

My youngest son, when he was 13 years old, specifically asked for a gold pocket watch for his birthday. He's always been advanced beyond his years :)

• 10 months later...

@Ortac

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived