Wristwatch wearing habits

Ortac

Wristwatch wearing habits.  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option with best describes you.

• I am right handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am right handed, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am right handed, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • I am left handed, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am left handed, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am left handed, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I wear my watch on my right wrist.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I wear my watch on my left wrist.
    • I am ambidextrous, and I don’t wear a watch.
    • Other (please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just a random pointless poll just for the sake of it!

I am curious because I have heard differences of opinion as to whether you should wear your watch on the same arm as the hand that you write with, or on the opposite arm to the hand that you write with.

I’m right handed and don’t wear a watch. I would wear it on my left so that it doesn’t get in the way on my right wrist. I usually wear bracelets on my left wrist for that reason.

flagsforhippos

I'm predominantly right handed. I wear my watch on my left wrist but I only tend to put it on when I'm going out, I don't tend to wear it around the house.

I don't wear a watch anymore, but when I used to I always wore it on my left wrist. I'm right handed, so it's much easier for me to fasten it on the left side. Since you can only use one hand to do it, it made sense to me to use my dominant hand for the task, as it's the more dexterous one. 

I don't wear one anymore (the last one I had, the battery ran out after only 6 months which was ridiculous so it left me a bit deflated and then with it being Casio, meant only specific places could change the battery, none locally) I'd like to get back to wearing wrist watches.

I am right handed but I would wear it on my right hand too as I found the straps easier with my left. Maybe also buttons easier to use.

I'm right-handed.

Left wrist:

Watch, loose bracelets

Right wrist:

Hair bands, tight bracelets

I'm right handed. I don't wear a watch very often these days, but when I do it's always on my left wrist.

I'm another one in the 'right-handed, left wrist' club. I seem to vaguely remember that when I got my first watch (I was about 7), my mum told me that I should wear it on my left wrist so it wouldn't get in the way/be uncomfortable when I was writing. The habit has stuck, but it's also easier for me to put on and I don't need to take it off if I need to adjust the hands.

I heard that you should wear your watch on the opposite arm to the hand that you write with, but I still wear it on the same. I don't know, it's more comfortable and natural and I'm used to it.

When I need/want to have a watch on me I carry a pocket watch.

Right-handed, left wrist. I always wear a watch.

Right handed and don’t wear a watch. I don’t like jewelry and watches and stuff like that.

I wear a watch everyday (I feel naked without one lol!). I'm right handed and wear it on my right. : ) I know that seems uncommon...but it's just what I'm used to. I don't wear anything on my left.

I don't wear jewellery of any description, when I was a mechanic, things like that would have been a hindrance, so I've never worn anything on my wrists, fingers or around my neck.

arekathevampyre

Right handed . Usually wears watch on left hand unless wearing bulky bracelet then the watch goes on the right . 

All my other jewellery like rings and bracelets are always on the left hand :)

everywhere and nowhere

Right-handed, left wrist.

Plus I have special preferences about my watch. I don't want to wear anything made of leather, so my watch belt has to be made of some other material - faux leather, fabric, rubber, plastic... And I strongly want it to be non-monochromatic and getting a colorful belt really isn't easy...

My previous belt was very untypical: it was made of sand-colored fabric and decorated with blue flowers, really cute... And it wasn't done up like a belt, but had velcro underneath. Actually, I still have it, but it became unusable - the velcro stopped holding and I was repeatedly extremely close to losing my watch. Perhaps it can be repaired by "trimming" the "hairy" part of the velcro, but now I have a different belt - pink, made of rubber and decorated with colorful butterflies. Rather childish... I don't particularly like pink because of all these hyper-girly associations attached to it, and the belt itself is rather poor quality, but it's better than a non-decorative monochromatic or bichromatic belt...

I'm Right-handed. When I first started to use watches, I used them in my left wrist. Then I decided to use it in the right one. Now I don't use it anymore. No battery. 

I'm right handed, and have been several times through this multi-year cycle:

- wear watch on left wrist until band breaks

- carry broken watch in pockets until  annoyed at inconvenience

- hack together a home-made band; wear on wrist

- wear out band; return to pocket

- lose watch

- buy new $7 watch for left wrist

I didn't know wearing a watch on the left is more common. :huh:

Interesting. 

I put mine of the Right, because it's usually my free hand. Since I use my left to hold things, and open doors etc. 

Right handed, wearing it on the right hand.

The rule to wear it on your non-dominant hand is based on the fact that it is much easier to wind a manual watch with your dominant hand.

Since I'm pretty sure no one's got one of those old-time wristwatches any more, you should be fine either way! xD

I'm ambidextrous but i wear my wristwatch when i go to work and when i'm in the mood for it on my left hand. I don't wear it all the time as i have allergies and i don't want to wear too much metals on my skin for that reason.

Salted Karamel

I haven't worm a wrist watch since I started keeping a phone in my pocket at all times but when I did, I kept it on my non-dominant wrist for ease of fastening.

Right handed, and I wear my watch on the right wrist. It confuses a lot of people, which is great. 8)

When I got my first watch no one told me to wear it on the left hand so I just randomly put it on my right wrist and I've been doing it like that ever since. I've tried the other wrist but my right hand took ages to close the wristband so I stopped. It doesn't bother me at all when writing anyway.

I'm cross-dominant. I usually don't wear a watch, but when I do it could be on either wrist. I don't have a preference. 

Right handed, left-wrist watch preference.  But I haven't worn a watch since 1979.

Right handed, no watch, but I used to wear a watch on my right hand 

Archived