I haven't been here in awhile...

not here

I started an account here quite a few years ago (I think my profile says I joined in 2013!), but I haven't been here in a long time.  I'm undergoing some major changes in my life at the moment and just felt the need to come back here and visit!  I'm 52 and a heteroromantic asexual.  I didn't realize I was asexual for most of my adult life.  I mean, in my head, I always joked to myself that I must be asexual, without realizing that being asexual was actually a "thing!" LOL  For some reason, I eventually looked it up and was like, "Wow!  Now everything makes sense!"  Anyway, I have 2 amazing, highly intelligent sons, ages 24 and 17 both of whom I suspect may be asexual (heteroromantics) as well but probably don't realize it.  I'm still in the "closet," though, and both of my sons are very private about their relationships (not that they've had many), so it would be hard for me to broach the subject with them.  Anyway, I'm just here to reintroduce myself and say, "Hi!"

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

TheLastOfSheila

Welcome back, ~pixie~! :cake:

Welcome back!! I hope you will eventually come out to yyour sons/ they come out to you, if that's what you wish :')

*a nice cake, worthy of your life experiences*

21 hours ago, flagsforhippos said:

@~pixie~ welcome back ! :)

21 hours ago, .Lia said:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

20 hours ago, TheLastOfSheila said:

Welcome back, ~pixie~! :cake:

18 hours ago, Markéta said:

Welcome back!! I hope you will eventually come out to yyour sons/ they come out to you, if that's what you wish :')

*a nice cake, worthy of your life experiences*

13 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome back, we're glad to have you :D 

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome back! :D

Archived