What term would fit someone content with their birth gender?

FoxyCipher

Hi! I'm new here...

I had a quick question concerning my gender. I was born female; and although I don't really "conform" to my gender and the ideals associated with it like a cisgender female, I'm comfortable being a female and do not wish to change my gender identity anytime soon. Is there a specific term for someone who feels this way? I'm just curious to learn if there is or isn't.:)

The way I see it, gender roles and identity are separate. To me, a cis person is still CIA regardless of whether they conform to gender roles. 

CIA? Would you mind defining that in this context? (I'm horrible with acronyms...)

If you have no qualms about being female and identify as a girl then that would be cisgender. As for not really conforming then that’s Gender Non-conforming. (Or for females I suppose there’s ‘tomboy’ but that’s mainly used for younger girls but I don’t see why older women can’t use it)

(And sorry, I don’t know what CIA means in this context). 

Thanks for the clarification! I think I understand it better now.

Hi! It's normal to feel a little confused. For me, what was confusing was that, even though I identified as female, sometimes, others would laugh and say otherwise or express confusion to their friend about my gender. So, I couldn't help but question myself on whether I might've been unaware about gender or in denial, especially since I hadn't witnessed anyone else's gender being questioned or laughed at by others in public.

Archived