My gender???

aquas

I could use a bit of help..

I was born female, and I have no problem being referred to as female. I don't feel uncomfortable because I'm used to it and it would feel weird to be called anything else. However, I know that if I was referred to as male/nonbinary/etc. etc. for as long as I have been referred to as female, I would be just as used to it. But I would rather not be referred to with he/him or they/them, because, again, I'm not used to it, and it would just... feel weird. Especially being referred to as he/him, because that implies that I'm male (which I'm not).

I hate the idea of not being flat-chested either. I'm not saying I'm not (because I am, especially for my age), but I have a feeling it has more to do with the fact that I don't want to grow up, then anything else (i.e. not because I hate being female). 

There are somethings that I hate being referred to that are considered "female". Like senorita, cause it just sounds..... girly. I would tolerate it if I was called it, I suppose, because it is basically just calling me female (which I, of course, have no issue with). I don't like being called miss either, but that has more to do with society's standards of girls not being as tough as guys and being called miss just seems weak (but, same as above, I can tolerate it because it's just saying I'm female). 

I don't experience discomfort with my assigned gender/sex and I don't really feel a need to change it, but with terms like internalized transphobia and compulsive cisgenderness, I can't help worrying.

Thanks for the help! <3

Only you can know how you feel, but from the way you describe it, I'd say that there is nothing to "worry" about. If you're comfortable with being seen as a woman, then is there really a problem? Yes, internalised transphobia and compulsive cisgenderness are real things, but unless anything about your assigned gender makes you uncomfortable, then I wouldn't stress about it. When you're in a queer community, people can make you feel like you're somehow wrong for being cis, but there is really nothing wrong about it. 

Of course, if you don't feel cis that's totally cool, but I wouldn't fret about it unless it causes you discomfort.

Identify with what you feel comfortable with. Certainly there are many gender stereotypes; disliking those stereotypes and not fitting in them doesn’t inherently make an individual trans/nb. There is nothing wrong with being cisgender, just as there is nothing wrong with being transgender and/or nonbinary. Your gender is a feeling inside, it’s something only you can determine. It’s also okay to get it wrong. If you feel you may be cis right now, but in the future realize your not that is completely okay, and the same goes for the other way around as well. Use the labels that feel the best for you in the present (or don’t use any labels at all, thats an option too) because we live in the present time.

Archived