I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me
They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely
I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life
They'd shut me away
But I'd be alright
Alright
I'm alright
Alright

So, that is a radiohead song that I feel particularly attached to. Go give it a listen if you'd like, it's a gorgeous song.
But does anyone else here ever just look up at the sky and wish to be somewhere else? I don't mean this in a negative way, but I've always felt like an alien. No, I don't mean I'm literally an alien. I just don't feel like I am like everyone else- partially for my lack of any sexual want or feeling, and all. Connection means something different to me, entirely. I like to imagine distant words where the sentient beings are more like me, and where life is more about the things I care about- about talking and thinking and building things bigger than ourselves.
Sometimes I daydream.
Just thought I'd share.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
1 hour ago, OldSoul said:
The breath of the morning
I keep forgetting
The smell of the warm summer air
I live in a town
Where you can't smell a thing
You watch your feet
For cracks in the pavement

Up above
Aliens hover
Making home movies
For the folks back home
Of all these weird creatures
Who lock up their spirits
Drill holes in themselves
And live for their secrets
They're all
Uptight

I wish that they'd swoop down in a country lane
Late at night when I'm driving
Take me on board their beautiful ship
Show me the world as I'd love to see it

I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me
They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely
I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life
They'd shut me away
But I'd be alright
Alright
I'm alright
Alright

So, that is a radiohead song that I feel particularly attached to. Go give it a listen if you'd like, it's a gorgeous song.
But does anyone else here ever just look up at the sky and wish to be somewhere else? I don't mean this in a negative way, but I've always felt like an alien. No, I don't mean I'm literally an alien. I just don't feel like I am like everyone else- partially for my lack of any sexual want or feeling, and all. Connection means something different to me, entirely. I like to imagine distant words where the sentient beings are more like me, and where life is more about the things I care about- about talking and thinking and building things bigger than ourselves.
Sometimes I daydream.
Just thought I'd share.

Yes I do. I can totally relate to your experience. In every single line, every day or moment of my life. Thanks for sharing this beautiful, comforting, most inspiring post. It eases my inner pain & lonliness. 

arekathevampyre

But does anyone else here ever just look up at the sky and wish to be somewhere else?

First of all , thank you for this thread as it is very relatable . 

To answer your question , yes . I always wished that I was someone else , born somewhere else . I would tell my parents that if I wasn't born to them , maybe I would be been born to a better family who is more loving and perhaps richer (I know I am greedy) . Maybe my life would be better , get better grades , not a let down . They of course , brushed it off , thinking I was speaking nonsense . But this feeling followed me all the way as a child to young adulthood . It gets stronger everytime something goes wrong at home . I feel alienated in school , at home and in public . I just feel different . My interests are very different to those of my classmates , siblings and people I know . I feel weird and out of place all the time . 

You are not alone . Never . Ever . 

*hugs to all*

But does anyone else here ever just look up at the sky and wish to be somewhere else? .... about talking and thinking and building things bigger than ourselves.
Sometimes I daydream.

Yes.

I feel the stars are too far away for anyone to stop by offering me a ride out of here. So, I'll have to set my sights further away than the edge of infinity. That's a big enough place that, mayrebe, someone will stop by to offer me a ride out of here.

Archived