I have a partner but I think I'm aromantic.

Squiidge

I recently starting going out with someone and for the first few weeks I felt really attached to him, but now I don't feel like I am attracted to him. I don't know whether I was just exited to have a boyfriend or if I was actually attracted to him. I'm not sure how I'm feeling and I feel confused by my own thoughts. Sometimes they want to do things with me but they know that I'm asexual and I don't know if that's because they don't understand or if they don't care, and I feel uncomfortable when they try to discuss anything to do with it.

heartsandbones

It's also possible that upon getting to know this person better you realized they weren't what you thought they were. I've had this happen with just regular people I've known- thought "hey, you're pretty nice, we could be friends" then realized they weren't all that great once I spent more time with them.
I do get how confusing it can be. I've developed crushes on people who I thought liked me when, looking back, there was no other reason for me to have felt anything for them. Emotions are weird :/

I'm in the same boat right now. before going out with my partner i had a huge crush on him, maybe the idea of him. but as soon as I've been in the relationship I've realised i just have no need for anything romantic or anything. it's bothering my partner too.

i read a definition somewhere, liking the idea of romance but not wanting to do it. might be something to consider. for now i'd say talk with your partner about what you are feeling. of you're going through it alone it sucks, communication is key. for me i've tried bringing it up with mine but he got frustrated.. i'm pretty sure i'm aro so i'll be ending it soon to try help him and myself - he can find someone who'll be as romantic and sexual as he is while i can go on to... i'm not sure. have fun in my aroaceness

People can lose attraction. Sometimes it's infatuation fading away and revealing there's no real connection, sometimes it's getting to know the person and them not being who you thought. It's just an unfixable and unavoidable thing that happens to a ton of people. You fix it by breaking up. Also, relationships are about TWO people; that means you gotta voice your needs. If you aren't ok with sexual advances you tell him to stop. If he doesn't then that's rape and you need to run like hell. He may not care you don't desire sex, he may not understand what asexuality even is, which is why we have to explicitly explain it to every partner; "I'm asexual; I don't desire sex with anyone, and I am/am not ok with sexually compromising". Some asexuals are ok with making out/groping, so if you're not you just have to vocalize your boundaries.

Don't see where Lithromantic would be applicable. The OP is just talking about one relationship; not all of them ending up like that. And if they did it would be Frayromantic.

Archived