Anyone else relate?

Amandawastaken

Amandawastaken

I'm fine with having sex, but do not necessary view myself as sexual. In relationships, I primarily do it to please whoever I'm with (something which is sometimes bothersome because I view it more as a chore. My partner knows I have a low libido--which is what I've always viewed it as). When I'm single, I tend to have a lot of one-night stands. It's not like I feel like I "need to get laid." It's more like a game for me, I guess. The sex isn't fun, but the act of meeting someone in a bar and going home with a stranger is exciting, I guess. But when it comes to the sex, I don't really find myself ever enjoying it. And I'd guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the attention that comes with being viewed as sexually attractive. 

Like I said, I've always just figured I have a very low libido, and sort of just muster up the energy to have sex when my partners want to.  I've never known anyone who was asexual before coming on this site, and lurking around, I find myself relating quite a bit to people on here. I'm not sure if I really do belong here, though, because I don't know if I can call myself asexual because, whether or not I enjoy it, I do have sex, when I'm single and not. 

Hello and welcome, Amandawastaken! Have some cake... :cake:

The definition of asexuality is based on sexual attraction or desire, not on whether you do it or not. So I'd say you may be asexual.

All the best to you!

Archived