Socially awkward teen tries to create an introduction.

Ace_Of_Clubs

Hello there!

My name is Lucas and I'm an asexual biromantic transgender teen. Feel free to call me Lucas, Luke, Lou, or Lucas Nolan (my first and middle names), I'll respond to any of these. I've recently turned eighteen and I'm still at that point where it feels weird to say that I'm legally an adult.

I've known that I'm asexual since my tenth grade year in high school, I heard two of my friends talking about how someone thought that one of them was asexual and I hadn't heard the term before except in science class. When I got home I decided to Google "asexual" and learn some more about the term, at some point it hit me that a lot of what I was reading applied to me. It was at this point that I started identifying as asexual to myself, currently I'm only out to people on here, on Tumblr, on Quora, and on a Discord server. No one in my personal life knows about my sexuality and that is how I intend to keep it for now as I don't know how anyone would react to finding this out.

As for my gender identity I've known that since I was four. I learned about being Transgender from South Park which I used to watch with my older brother when our parents were out of the room since we weren't supposed to be watching it anyway. I never really felt right identifying as a girl, I wanted to be a boy because I felt as if that was who I was. South Park taught me that gender reassignment surgery was a thing and from that point on I felt hopeful because there was the possibility that someday I could be who I knew I was. This day has yet to come but I'm still hoping it will in the future. I'm not out to anyone as transgender in my personal life yet, I know that some of my friends would be fine with this but I'm just not ready to come out yet. I'm out here and on the discord sever that I mentioned above. 

So I'm pretty deeply closeted in real life.

Moving on from all that, I have a variety of interests. I'm into archery, art, theatre (musical and plays), D&D, and writing. As I mentioned earlier I use Quora, I write on there pretty frequently and I've written about twenty three answers about asexuality. I also write poetry in my free time which I've had published in my college's magazine. As for art I draw pretty frequently and I practice in two styles mainly: my quick sketch super cartoony style and an anime style I've been working on developing over the years. That's about it when it comes to art for me, I've yet to be able to do a realistic style but I'm still working at it. I'm super into theatre, I memorize musical cast albums and I love going to see musicals and plays. This carried over into my school experience because I was involved in the school drama program. I also got into archery through school and it was one of the greatest experiences I had in school. 

I love reading and I can usually be found with a book in my hand and a story in my mind. My favorite author is Neil Gaiman and I have a whole stack of his books on my shelves, my most recent book purchase is his book Norse Mythology which is awesome! I'm also into classic books and YA literature. I'm always up for discussions about books and I'm always looking for a next recommendation.

I really like meeting new people though I can be a bit awkward. I'm looking forward to spending time on here meeting new people and just having a nice place to hang around.

Welcome! :) Yeah, I know - I'm 19 and it still feels weird to think of myself as an adult. :P Good luck with coming out, when and if you decide to do so.

Image result for archery cake

Hello @TheAP! Thanks for the welcome to AVEN! It sure is weird to think of yourself as a legal adult when you're so used to being a teen. Thank you, I'm not sure if or when I'm going to come out but thank you for the support, it means the world to me! 

Forgotten Fox

Welcome to AVEN! I'm still not a legal adult, but that can't stop me from saying anyone into drawing, musicals, and YA novels is great in my book. :D You'll come out in your own terms & time, but I'll(And everyone else on here) still support you no matter what

@Forgotten Fox Thanks for the support and for the welcome! I love meeting others who share similar interests (and those who share diverse interests as well). Art, musicals, and reading are three of the greatest pleasures in my life.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thanks for the welcome @.Lia! All of these links sound handy and I'll be sure to check out a few of them if not all of them. So far I've been having a fantastic experience here on AVEN and I hope it stays that way, so far everyone I've met is so nice.

Archived